May 8, 2011, 9:40 PM EDT
Cardinals manager Tony La Russa will have the viral infection around his right eye examined at the Mayo Clinic on Monday’s off day, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports.
La Russa said before Sunday’s win over the Brewers that the condition, which has caused swelling and redness around his eye, has left him “miserable.”
“Day games are really rough, with the extra light,” he said.
La Russa plans to be back managing the club on Tuesday night if doctors allow it. One issue: the stress from his job might be causing the issue to linger longer than it otherwise would.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 8
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 15
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 82
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8