May 9, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
I mentioned this in the recaps, but it’s worth noting again: B.J. Upton owned Camden Yards this weekend.
Yesterday he went 2-for-4 with four RBI overall he was 7-for-14 with four extra-base hits and eight RBI against the O’s. For his career he’s at .297/.370/.535 in 173 plate appearances in Baltimore. That’s easily the best he’s done in any ballpark in which he’s had over 100 plate appearances (though he has been a bit better in 98 plate appearances in Texas).
Upton has said that he will drop the appeal of his suspension for arguing balls and strikes last week and sit out two of the three games the Rays will play in Cleveland starting tomorrow. While it may not be nice to have his hot bats cooling in the bat rack at the moment, perhaps Upton is well-aware of the fact that he’s .180/.241/.200 for his career in Progressive Field. Which is easily the worst he’s done anywhere where he’s had as many as 50 plate appearances.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)