May 9, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
I mentioned this in the recaps, but it’s worth noting again: B.J. Upton owned Camden Yards this weekend.
Yesterday he went 2-for-4 with four RBI overall he was 7-for-14 with four extra-base hits and eight RBI against the O’s. For his career he’s at .297/.370/.535 in 173 plate appearances in Baltimore. That’s easily the best he’s done in any ballpark in which he’s had over 100 plate appearances (though he has been a bit better in 98 plate appearances in Texas).
Upton has said that he will drop the appeal of his suspension for arguing balls and strikes last week and sit out two of the three games the Rays will play in Cleveland starting tomorrow. While it may not be nice to have his hot bats cooling in the bat rack at the moment, perhaps Upton is well-aware of the fact that he’s .180/.241/.200 for his career in Progressive Field. Which is easily the worst he’s done anywhere where he’s had as many as 50 plate appearances.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)