May 9, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
I mentioned this in the recaps, but it’s worth noting again: B.J. Upton owned Camden Yards this weekend.
Yesterday he went 2-for-4 with four RBI overall he was 7-for-14 with four extra-base hits and eight RBI against the O’s. For his career he’s at .297/.370/.535 in 173 plate appearances in Baltimore. That’s easily the best he’s done in any ballpark in which he’s had over 100 plate appearances (though he has been a bit better in 98 plate appearances in Texas).
Upton has said that he will drop the appeal of his suspension for arguing balls and strikes last week and sit out two of the three games the Rays will play in Cleveland starting tomorrow. While it may not be nice to have his hot bats cooling in the bat rack at the moment, perhaps Upton is well-aware of the fact that he’s .180/.241/.200 for his career in Progressive Field. Which is easily the worst he’s done anywhere where he’s had as many as 50 plate appearances.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights