May 9, 2011, 9:49 PM EDT
Don Mattingly was ejected for the first time as Dodgers manager after arguing that Jose Tabata trapped Juan Uribe‘s liner to left that turned into a double play in the eighth inning of the game against the Pirates.
Replays confirmed that Tabata did indeed trap the ball.
The score was tied 1-1 when Tabata doubled Matt Kamp off first to end the top of the eighth. Apparently uninspired by Mattingly’s ejection, the Dodgers have already allowed three runs without getting an out in the bottom of the eighth.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)