May 9, 2011, 9:49 PM EST
Don Mattingly was ejected for the first time as Dodgers manager after arguing that Jose Tabata trapped Juan Uribe‘s liner to left that turned into a double play in the eighth inning of the game against the Pirates.
Replays confirmed that Tabata did indeed trap the ball.
The score was tied 1-1 when Tabata doubled Matt Kamp off first to end the top of the eighth. Apparently uninspired by Mattingly’s ejection, the Dodgers have already allowed three runs without getting an out in the bottom of the eighth.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 2
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 64
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 78
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)