May 9, 2011, 9:49 PM EDT
Don Mattingly was ejected for the first time as Dodgers manager after arguing that Jose Tabata trapped Juan Uribe‘s liner to left that turned into a double play in the eighth inning of the game against the Pirates.
Replays confirmed that Tabata did indeed trap the ball.
The score was tied 1-1 when Tabata doubled Matt Kamp off first to end the top of the eighth. Apparently uninspired by Mattingly’s ejection, the Dodgers have already allowed three runs without getting an out in the bottom of the eighth.
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 20
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 16
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (96)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)