May 9, 2011, 9:49 PM EDT
Don Mattingly was ejected for the first time as Dodgers manager after arguing that Jose Tabata trapped Juan Uribe‘s liner to left that turned into a double play in the eighth inning of the game against the Pirates.
Replays confirmed that Tabata did indeed trap the ball.
The score was tied 1-1 when Tabata doubled Matt Kamp off first to end the top of the eighth. Apparently uninspired by Mattingly’s ejection, the Dodgers have already allowed three runs without getting an out in the bottom of the eighth.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona