May 9, 2011, 2:27 PM EST
Luke Scott has had a sore shoulder for a while. He hurt it in spring training, actually, and it has come to bother him a lot more in recent weeks. The Orioles sent him for an MRI, and the results are back: he has a partial tear of his labrum. The thinking at this point is that it won’t require surgery until after the season and that he can continue to play on. He will, however, meet with the Orioles’ team orthopedist tomorrow to get more details on a rehabilitation plan.
After that, it is widely expected that Scott will get a full humours panel, in which his relative levels of black bile, yellow bile, phlegm, and blood will be measured. It is hoped that his shoulder can be cured by the use of a simple dwale made from lettuce juice, gall from a castrated boar, briony, opium, henbane, hemlock juice and vinegar. If that’s not successful, however, Scott will likely be due for a full blood-letting, which will probably put him on the disabled list for at least a fortnight.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)