May 9, 2011, 2:27 PM EST
Luke Scott has had a sore shoulder for a while. He hurt it in spring training, actually, and it has come to bother him a lot more in recent weeks. The Orioles sent him for an MRI, and the results are back: he has a partial tear of his labrum. The thinking at this point is that it won’t require surgery until after the season and that he can continue to play on. He will, however, meet with the Orioles’ team orthopedist tomorrow to get more details on a rehabilitation plan.
After that, it is widely expected that Scott will get a full humours panel, in which his relative levels of black bile, yellow bile, phlegm, and blood will be measured. It is hoped that his shoulder can be cured by the use of a simple dwale made from lettuce juice, gall from a castrated boar, briony, opium, henbane, hemlock juice and vinegar. If that’s not successful, however, Scott will likely be due for a full blood-letting, which will probably put him on the disabled list for at least a fortnight.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (160)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)