May 9, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
I would sooner bet my 401K on a game of three-card monty than take this as a serious statistical exercise, but stats can be just for fun too, and this one is no exception: the Old Time Family Baseball blog looked at the performance of all of the players who used pink bats yesterday in honor of Mother’s Day and breast cancer awareness. The conclusion: the pink bat guys did better than their non-pink counterparts.
But that conclusion pales compared to the best line of the whole piece:
If it weren’t for the increased Jeter scrutiny of late, I’d almost expect to see that line of reasoning played out in the New York tabloids.
Anyway: fun stuff.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 16
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 4
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 50
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)