May 9, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
I would sooner bet my 401K on a game of three-card monty than take this as a serious statistical exercise, but stats can be just for fun too, and this one is no exception: the Old Time Family Baseball blog looked at the performance of all of the players who used pink bats yesterday in honor of Mother’s Day and breast cancer awareness. The conclusion: the pink bat guys did better than their non-pink counterparts.
But that conclusion pales compared to the best line of the whole piece:
If it weren’t for the increased Jeter scrutiny of late, I’d almost expect to see that line of reasoning played out in the New York tabloids.
Anyway: fun stuff.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)