May 9, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
I would sooner bet my 401K on a game of three-card monty than take this as a serious statistical exercise, but stats can be just for fun too, and this one is no exception: the Old Time Family Baseball blog looked at the performance of all of the players who used pink bats yesterday in honor of Mother’s Day and breast cancer awareness. The conclusion: the pink bat guys did better than their non-pink counterparts.
But that conclusion pales compared to the best line of the whole piece:
If it weren’t for the increased Jeter scrutiny of late, I’d almost expect to see that line of reasoning played out in the New York tabloids.
Anyway: fun stuff.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 32
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 50
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)