May 9, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
I would sooner bet my 401K on a game of three-card monty than take this as a serious statistical exercise, but stats can be just for fun too, and this one is no exception: the Old Time Family Baseball blog looked at the performance of all of the players who used pink bats yesterday in honor of Mother’s Day and breast cancer awareness. The conclusion: the pink bat guys did better than their non-pink counterparts.
But that conclusion pales compared to the best line of the whole piece:
If it weren’t for the increased Jeter scrutiny of late, I’d almost expect to see that line of reasoning played out in the New York tabloids.
Anyway: fun stuff.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)