May 9, 2011, 3:41 PM EDT
Blanton had a 5.91 ERA in four starts prior to going on the DL and Vance Worley did a nice job filling in for him, going 2-0 with a 12/4 K/BB in 12 innings ratio while allowing just one run in two starts.
Worley is now listed as Friday’s starter, but that could change if Roy Oswalt is ready to come off the DL by then.
UPDATE: Forget all that stuff about Worley or Oswalt starting Friday, as the Phillies have now altered the rotation.
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 13
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 41
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 31
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Billy Beane: The age of “baseball insiders” vs. “baseball outsiders” will soon be over 58
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)