May 9, 2011, 4:46 PM EST
Along with activating Joe Blanton from the disabled list for tonight’s start the Phillies have also juggled their rotation, lining up Cole Hamels to pitch Friday because Roy Oswalt is now aiming to return next Tuesday.
Oswalt was initially penciled in to pitch this Friday, with Vance Worley waiting in the wings as the fill-in if needed, but apparently the Phillies don’t believe his back problems will have subsided by then and opted to alter the rotation instead.
Between his back injury and leaving the team to be with his family after the tornadoes in Mississippi, Oswalt hasn’t pitched since lasting just three innings in a loss to the Diamondbacks on April 26.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (256)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)