May 10, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Adam Lind remained out of the Blue Jays’ lineup Monday and underwent an MRI exam on his lower back injury.
For now the Blue Jays are awaiting the MRI results, but Mike Rutsey of the Toronto Sun reports that a stint on the disabled list is likely and manager John Farrell described Lind’s back spasms as “strong.”
David Cooper started at first base in Lind’s absence and went hitless in three at-bats, making him 3-for-27 (.111) since being called up from the minors late last month.
Cooper earned the call-up by hitting .395 in 20 games at Triple-A, but prior to this season the 2008 first-round pick’s track record had been mediocre.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 3
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 10
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)