May 10, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Adam Lind remained out of the Blue Jays’ lineup Monday and underwent an MRI exam on his lower back injury.
For now the Blue Jays are awaiting the MRI results, but Mike Rutsey of the Toronto Sun reports that a stint on the disabled list is likely and manager John Farrell described Lind’s back spasms as “strong.”
David Cooper started at first base in Lind’s absence and went hitless in three at-bats, making him 3-for-27 (.111) since being called up from the minors late last month.
Cooper earned the call-up by hitting .395 in 20 games at Triple-A, but prior to this season the 2008 first-round pick’s track record had been mediocre.
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 8
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 11
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 21
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)