May 10, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Adam Lind remained out of the Blue Jays’ lineup Monday and underwent an MRI exam on his lower back injury.
For now the Blue Jays are awaiting the MRI results, but Mike Rutsey of the Toronto Sun reports that a stint on the disabled list is likely and manager John Farrell described Lind’s back spasms as “strong.”
David Cooper started at first base in Lind’s absence and went hitless in three at-bats, making him 3-for-27 (.111) since being called up from the minors late last month.
Cooper earned the call-up by hitting .395 in 20 games at Triple-A, but prior to this season the 2008 first-round pick’s track record had been mediocre.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 178
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (183)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)