May 10, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Adam Lind remained out of the Blue Jays’ lineup Monday and underwent an MRI exam on his lower back injury.
For now the Blue Jays are awaiting the MRI results, but Mike Rutsey of the Toronto Sun reports that a stint on the disabled list is likely and manager John Farrell described Lind’s back spasms as “strong.”
David Cooper started at first base in Lind’s absence and went hitless in three at-bats, making him 3-for-27 (.111) since being called up from the minors late last month.
Cooper earned the call-up by hitting .395 in 20 games at Triple-A, but prior to this season the 2008 first-round pick’s track record had been mediocre.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8