May 10, 2011, 10:15 AM EST
Adam Lind remained out of the Blue Jays’ lineup Monday and underwent an MRI exam on his lower back injury.
For now the Blue Jays are awaiting the MRI results, but Mike Rutsey of the Toronto Sun reports that a stint on the disabled list is likely and manager John Farrell described Lind’s back spasms as “strong.”
David Cooper started at first base in Lind’s absence and went hitless in three at-bats, making him 3-for-27 (.111) since being called up from the minors late last month.
Cooper earned the call-up by hitting .395 in 20 games at Triple-A, but prior to this season the 2008 first-round pick’s track record had been mediocre.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)