May 10, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
Even before the game-winning hit Crawford was quietly getting back on track following a terrible start to the season. Since his batting average dropped to .135 on April 22 he’s hit .305 with seven extra-base hits and an .802 OPS in 15 games.
Obviously playing well for 15 games doesn’t mean Crawford is destined for a great final five months and that good stretch hasn’t even pulled his season totals up far enough to avoid the home crowd’s boos, but the $142 million man has at least been performing like his usual self for a few weeks now.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)