May 10, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
Even before the game-winning hit Crawford was quietly getting back on track following a terrible start to the season. Since his batting average dropped to .135 on April 22 he’s hit .305 with seven extra-base hits and an .802 OPS in 15 games.
Obviously playing well for 15 games doesn’t mean Crawford is destined for a great final five months and that good stretch hasn’t even pulled his season totals up far enough to avoid the home crowd’s boos, but the $142 million man has at least been performing like his usual self for a few weeks now.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 3
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 50
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 45
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)