May 10, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
Even before the game-winning hit Crawford was quietly getting back on track following a terrible start to the season. Since his batting average dropped to .135 on April 22 he’s hit .305 with seven extra-base hits and an .802 OPS in 15 games.
Obviously playing well for 15 games doesn’t mean Crawford is destined for a great final five months and that good stretch hasn’t even pulled his season totals up far enough to avoid the home crowd’s boos, but the $142 million man has at least been performing like his usual self for a few weeks now.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)