May 10, 2011, 10:09 PM EDT
Utley had two strikeouts and a ground out over his first three at-bats, but managed to bloop a single to center field in his final at-bat in the bottom of the eighth inning.
As Aaron mentioned earlier this afternoon, Utley was cleared to begin a minor league rehab assignment after reporting no problems while playing in extended spring training games on Saturday and Monday.
We’ll obviously know a lot more about his timetable once he begins playing back-to-back games in the field, but Jim Salisbury of CSNPhiladelphia.com speculates that it’s possible he returns during the Phillies’ upcoming homestand, which runs from May 18-26.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 18
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)