May 10, 2011, 10:09 PM EDT
Utley had two strikeouts and a ground out over his first three at-bats, but managed to bloop a single to center field in his final at-bat in the bottom of the eighth inning.
As Aaron mentioned earlier this afternoon, Utley was cleared to begin a minor league rehab assignment after reporting no problems while playing in extended spring training games on Saturday and Monday.
We’ll obviously know a lot more about his timetable once he begins playing back-to-back games in the field, but Jim Salisbury of CSNPhiladelphia.com speculates that it’s possible he returns during the Phillies’ upcoming homestand, which runs from May 18-26.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)