May 10, 2011, 10:09 PM EDT
Utley had two strikeouts and a ground out over his first three at-bats, but managed to bloop a single to center field in his final at-bat in the bottom of the eighth inning.
As Aaron mentioned earlier this afternoon, Utley was cleared to begin a minor league rehab assignment after reporting no problems while playing in extended spring training games on Saturday and Monday.
We’ll obviously know a lot more about his timetable once he begins playing back-to-back games in the field, but Jim Salisbury of CSNPhiladelphia.com speculates that it’s possible he returns during the Phillies’ upcoming homestand, which runs from May 18-26.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 9
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day (83)