May 10, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Chase Utley reported no problems after playing extended spring training games Saturday and Monday, so he’ll begin a minor-league rehab assignment at high Single-A tonight, according to Paul Hagen of the Philadelphia Daily News.
That the Phillies are allowing Utley to play on back-to-back days suggests he’s relatively far along in his recovery from knee problems, but rehab assignments are allowed to last as many as 20 days and they don’t seem to be rushing him back.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17