May 10, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Chase Utley reported no problems after playing extended spring training games Saturday and Monday, so he’ll begin a minor-league rehab assignment at high Single-A tonight, according to Paul Hagen of the Philadelphia Daily News.
That the Phillies are allowing Utley to play on back-to-back days suggests he’s relatively far along in his recovery from knee problems, but rehab assignments are allowed to last as many as 20 days and they don’t seem to be rushing him back.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (135)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)