May 10, 2011, 1:20 PM EST
Chase Utley reported no problems after playing extended spring training games Saturday and Monday, so he’ll begin a minor-league rehab assignment at high Single-A tonight, according to Paul Hagen of the Philadelphia Daily News.
That the Phillies are allowing Utley to play on back-to-back days suggests he’s relatively far along in his recovery from knee problems, but rehab assignments are allowed to last as many as 20 days and they don’t seem to be rushing him back.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40