May 10, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Chase Utley reported no problems after playing extended spring training games Saturday and Monday, so he’ll begin a minor-league rehab assignment at high Single-A tonight, according to Paul Hagen of the Philadelphia Daily News.
That the Phillies are allowing Utley to play on back-to-back days suggests he’s relatively far along in his recovery from knee problems, but rehab assignments are allowed to last as many as 20 days and they don’t seem to be rushing him back.
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 0
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 20
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)