May 10, 2011, 11:35 PM EDT
Davis, who had a two-run single in the first, was injured during a collision with David Wright in the fifth inning. He’ll be reevaluated Wednesday to see if a stint on the disabled list is needed.
The Mets would lose an awful lot with Davis out of the mix. Neither Lucas Duda (.241/.353/.398) nor Nick Evans (.214/.256/.339) is doing much for Triple-A Buffalo, so the Mets would probably shift Daniel Murphy to first base and go with Justin Turner most of the time at second. Duda, who saw time in left field early on while Jason Bay was on the DL, would be the favorite to be called up.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)