May 10, 2011, 11:35 PM EDT
Davis, who had a two-run single in the first, was injured during a collision with David Wright in the fifth inning. He’ll be reevaluated Wednesday to see if a stint on the disabled list is needed.
The Mets would lose an awful lot with Davis out of the mix. Neither Lucas Duda (.241/.353/.398) nor Nick Evans (.214/.256/.339) is doing much for Triple-A Buffalo, so the Mets would probably shift Daniel Murphy to first base and go with Justin Turner most of the time at second. Duda, who saw time in left field early on while Jason Bay was on the DL, would be the favorite to be called up.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 76
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)