May 10, 2011, 11:35 PM EST
Davis, who had a two-run single in the first, was injured during a collision with David Wright in the fifth inning. He’ll be reevaluated Wednesday to see if a stint on the disabled list is needed.
The Mets would lose an awful lot with Davis out of the mix. Neither Lucas Duda (.241/.353/.398) nor Nick Evans (.214/.256/.339) is doing much for Triple-A Buffalo, so the Mets would probably shift Daniel Murphy to first base and go with Justin Turner most of the time at second. Duda, who saw time in left field early on while Jason Bay was on the DL, would be the favorite to be called up.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)