May 10, 2011, 11:35 PM EST
Davis, who had a two-run single in the first, was injured during a collision with David Wright in the fifth inning. He’ll be reevaluated Wednesday to see if a stint on the disabled list is needed.
The Mets would lose an awful lot with Davis out of the mix. Neither Lucas Duda (.241/.353/.398) nor Nick Evans (.214/.256/.339) is doing much for Triple-A Buffalo, so the Mets would probably shift Daniel Murphy to first base and go with Justin Turner most of the time at second. Duda, who saw time in left field early on while Jason Bay was on the DL, would be the favorite to be called up.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)