May 10, 2011, 11:35 PM EDT
Davis, who had a two-run single in the first, was injured during a collision with David Wright in the fifth inning. He’ll be reevaluated Wednesday to see if a stint on the disabled list is needed.
The Mets would lose an awful lot with Davis out of the mix. Neither Lucas Duda (.241/.353/.398) nor Nick Evans (.214/.256/.339) is doing much for Triple-A Buffalo, so the Mets would probably shift Daniel Murphy to first base and go with Justin Turner most of the time at second. Duda, who saw time in left field early on while Jason Bay was on the DL, would be the favorite to be called up.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 49
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)