May 10, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
J.J. Hardy has been out since April 10 with a strained oblique muscle, but Jeff Zrebiec of the Baltimore Sun reports that the Orioles’ shortstop is expected to come off the disabled list and rejoin the lineup for tonight’s game.
Hardy went 2-for-9 with three walks in three games rehabbing at Triple-A and the Orioles decided there was no use in asking him to play a fourth game yesterday, which is presumably a good sign.
Injuries are the primary reason why the Twins traded Hardy to the Orioles in the first place, but when healthy he’s an elite defensive shortstop with an above-average bat for the position. However, the Orioles haven’t missed him a whole lot thanks to Robert Andino uncharacteristically posting a .390 on-base percentage in his absence.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)