May 10, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
Frustrated with some of the criticism that’s come with his poor start at the plate, Josh Thole deleted his twitter feed on Tuesday, leaving with an “I’m out.”
Thole got advice on Twitter like he should pull ball because he’s being pitched inside. Combined with some “ruthless” followers, had enough
Thole, who is in his first full year as the Mets’ primary catcher after taking over the job in the second half of last season, is hitting .239/.294/.283 with no homers and nine RBI in 92 at-bats. He never showed a lot of power in the minors, but he’s always displayed nice on-base skills. Unfortunately, his OBP is currently down more than 60 points from last year’s .357 mark.
Thole had more than 10,000 followers when he made his exit.
Which is like five times as many followers as I have.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 70
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)