May 10, 2011, 7:30 PM EST
Frustrated with some of the criticism that’s come with his poor start at the plate, Josh Thole deleted his twitter feed on Tuesday, leaving with an “I’m out.”
Thole got advice on Twitter like he should pull ball because he’s being pitched inside. Combined with some “ruthless” followers, had enough
Thole, who is in his first full year as the Mets’ primary catcher after taking over the job in the second half of last season, is hitting .239/.294/.283 with no homers and nine RBI in 92 at-bats. He never showed a lot of power in the minors, but he’s always displayed nice on-base skills. Unfortunately, his OBP is currently down more than 60 points from last year’s .357 mark.
Thole had more than 10,000 followers when he made his exit.
Which is like five times as many followers as I have.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)