May 10, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
Frustrated with some of the criticism that’s come with his poor start at the plate, Josh Thole deleted his twitter feed on Tuesday, leaving with an “I’m out.”
Thole got advice on Twitter like he should pull ball because he’s being pitched inside. Combined with some “ruthless” followers, had enough
Thole, who is in his first full year as the Mets’ primary catcher after taking over the job in the second half of last season, is hitting .239/.294/.283 with no homers and nine RBI in 92 at-bats. He never showed a lot of power in the minors, but he’s always displayed nice on-base skills. Unfortunately, his OBP is currently down more than 60 points from last year’s .357 mark.
Thole had more than 10,000 followers when he made his exit.
Which is like five times as many followers as I have.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 59
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)