May 10, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
Frustrated with some of the criticism that’s come with his poor start at the plate, Josh Thole deleted his twitter feed on Tuesday, leaving with an “I’m out.”
Thole got advice on Twitter like he should pull ball because he’s being pitched inside. Combined with some “ruthless” followers, had enough
Thole, who is in his first full year as the Mets’ primary catcher after taking over the job in the second half of last season, is hitting .239/.294/.283 with no homers and nine RBI in 92 at-bats. He never showed a lot of power in the minors, but he’s always displayed nice on-base skills. Unfortunately, his OBP is currently down more than 60 points from last year’s .357 mark.
Thole had more than 10,000 followers when he made his exit.
Which is like five times as many followers as I have.
- The Dodgers and Braves are deep into trade talks involving Juan Uribe and Alberto Callaspo 15
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 41
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 19
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 59
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)