May 10, 2011, 7:30 PM EDT
Frustrated with some of the criticism that’s come with his poor start at the plate, Josh Thole deleted his twitter feed on Tuesday, leaving with an “I’m out.”
Thole got advice on Twitter like he should pull ball because he’s being pitched inside. Combined with some “ruthless” followers, had enough
Thole, who is in his first full year as the Mets’ primary catcher after taking over the job in the second half of last season, is hitting .239/.294/.283 with no homers and nine RBI in 92 at-bats. He never showed a lot of power in the minors, but he’s always displayed nice on-base skills. Unfortunately, his OBP is currently down more than 60 points from last year’s .357 mark.
Thole had more than 10,000 followers when he made his exit.
Which is like five times as many followers as I have.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 9
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 61
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 68
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)