May 10, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Tommy Hunter appeared close to coming off the disabled list, but the Rangers right-hander aggravated his groin injury during a minor-league rehab start yesterday.
Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that he’s been diagnosed with a Grade 1 strain and will be shut down for 2-3 weeks, at which point Hunter will likely have to start his rehab stint over again.
Hunter, who originally injured his groin on March 24, had a 3.73 ERA and 68/33 K/BB ratio in 128 innings for the Rangers last season before going 0-2 with a 5.56 ERA in three playoff starts.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 0
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 4
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)