May 10, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Tommy Hunter appeared close to coming off the disabled list, but the Rangers right-hander aggravated his groin injury during a minor-league rehab start yesterday.
Anthony Andro of the Fort Worth Star Telegram reports that he’s been diagnosed with a Grade 1 strain and will be shut down for 2-3 weeks, at which point Hunter will likely have to start his rehab stint over again.
Hunter, who originally injured his groin on March 24, had a 3.73 ERA and 68/33 K/BB ratio in 128 innings for the Rangers last season before going 0-2 with a 5.56 ERA in three playoff starts.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)