May 10, 2011, 12:10 AM EDT
Wells was injured while running out a grounder.
It would hardly seem to be the worst thing for the Angels if Wells needed to sit out 7-10 days and could then go get at-bats in the minors for a week. While the $21 million-per-year outfielder has hit three homers during May, he’s still batting just .212 for the month. For the season, he has four homers, 13 RBI and a 30/7 K/BB ratio in 142 at-bats.
If Wells goes on the DL, the Angels would likely call up Reggie Willits and start Bobby Abreu in left field most of the time. That’d allow the Angels to play both Maicer Izturis and Alberto Callaspo, with Callaspo typically DHing.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 6
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 11
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 29
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3