May 10, 2011, 12:10 AM EDT
Wells was injured while running out a grounder.
It would hardly seem to be the worst thing for the Angels if Wells needed to sit out 7-10 days and could then go get at-bats in the minors for a week. While the $21 million-per-year outfielder has hit three homers during May, he’s still batting just .212 for the month. For the season, he has four homers, 13 RBI and a 30/7 K/BB ratio in 142 at-bats.
If Wells goes on the DL, the Angels would likely call up Reggie Willits and start Bobby Abreu in left field most of the time. That’d allow the Angels to play both Maicer Izturis and Alberto Callaspo, with Callaspo typically DHing.
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 18
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 29
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Zack Greinke homers, Dodgers demolish the Giants 17-0 at AT&T Park 19
- Frank Torre: 1931-2014 6
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 46
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball 86
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use 92
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (86)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)