May 11, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
More bad injury news for the Phillies.
According to MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki, catcher Brian Schneider was lifted in the fifth inning of Wednesday’s game against the Marlins after straining his left hamstring while running the bases. Dane Sardinha replaced him on the basepaths and will finish out the game behind the plate.
Carlos Ruiz is scheduled to return from his minor league rehab assignment on Friday and the Phillies have an off day Thursday, so the Schneider injury won’t have a major impact. But it does seem likely that the Phillies will add the veteran backstop to their long list of players on the disabled list.
Chase Utley has been out since spring training with patellar tendinitis, Roy Oswalt has been sidelined for the past few weeks with a back issue, Brad Lidge isn’t expecting to return from his rotator cuff injury until mid-June, and Jose Contreras is out with a right flexor pronator strain in his elbow.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (136)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)