May 11, 2011, 9:44 PM EDT
More bad injury news for the Phillies.
According to MLB.com’s Todd Zolecki, catcher Brian Schneider was lifted in the fifth inning of Wednesday’s game against the Marlins after straining his left hamstring while running the bases. Dane Sardinha replaced him on the basepaths and will finish out the game behind the plate.
Carlos Ruiz is scheduled to return from his minor league rehab assignment on Friday and the Phillies have an off day Thursday, so the Schneider injury won’t have a major impact. But it does seem likely that the Phillies will add the veteran backstop to their long list of players on the disabled list.
Chase Utley has been out since spring training with patellar tendinitis, Roy Oswalt has been sidelined for the past few weeks with a back issue, Brad Lidge isn’t expecting to return from his rotator cuff injury until mid-June, and Jose Contreras is out with a right flexor pronator strain in his elbow.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 221
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)