May 11, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Esmil Rogers is headed for an MRI exam after cutting short yesterday’s throwing session due to shoulder pain and the Rockies starter told Thomas Harding of MLB.com that “he suspects there is rotator cuff damage.”
Rogers is already on the disabled list with a lat strain and struggled before landing on the shelf, posting a 7.66 ERA in four starts and one relief appearance.
Harding writes that “now Rogers is looking at the possibility of a more extensive injury” and the 25-year-old right-hander noted that this is the first arm injury of his career.
For now Clayton Mortensen is filling Rogers’ spot in the rotation.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 7
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 87
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)