May 11, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Esmil Rogers is headed for an MRI exam after cutting short yesterday’s throwing session due to shoulder pain and the Rockies starter told Thomas Harding of MLB.com that “he suspects there is rotator cuff damage.”
Rogers is already on the disabled list with a lat strain and struggled before landing on the shelf, posting a 7.66 ERA in four starts and one relief appearance.
Harding writes that “now Rogers is looking at the possibility of a more extensive injury” and the 25-year-old right-hander noted that this is the first arm injury of his career.
For now Clayton Mortensen is filling Rogers’ spot in the rotation.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 43
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)