May 11, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Esmil Rogers is headed for an MRI exam after cutting short yesterday’s throwing session due to shoulder pain and the Rockies starter told Thomas Harding of MLB.com that “he suspects there is rotator cuff damage.”
Rogers is already on the disabled list with a lat strain and struggled before landing on the shelf, posting a 7.66 ERA in four starts and one relief appearance.
Harding writes that “now Rogers is looking at the possibility of a more extensive injury” and the 25-year-old right-hander noted that this is the first arm injury of his career.
For now Clayton Mortensen is filling Rogers’ spot in the rotation.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)