May 11, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Esmil Rogers is headed for an MRI exam after cutting short yesterday’s throwing session due to shoulder pain and the Rockies starter told Thomas Harding of MLB.com that “he suspects there is rotator cuff damage.”
Rogers is already on the disabled list with a lat strain and struggled before landing on the shelf, posting a 7.66 ERA in four starts and one relief appearance.
Harding writes that “now Rogers is looking at the possibility of a more extensive injury” and the 25-year-old right-hander noted that this is the first arm injury of his career.
For now Clayton Mortensen is filling Rogers’ spot in the rotation.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 16
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 92
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)