May 11, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Esmil Rogers is headed for an MRI exam after cutting short yesterday’s throwing session due to shoulder pain and the Rockies starter told Thomas Harding of MLB.com that “he suspects there is rotator cuff damage.”
Rogers is already on the disabled list with a lat strain and struggled before landing on the shelf, posting a 7.66 ERA in four starts and one relief appearance.
Harding writes that “now Rogers is looking at the possibility of a more extensive injury” and the 25-year-old right-hander noted that this is the first arm injury of his career.
For now Clayton Mortensen is filling Rogers’ spot in the rotation.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)