May 11, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore slid hard into second base in the sixth inning of last night’s Rays-Indians game. A few minutes ago he left the Indians’ clubhouse in street clothes, obviously not playing tonight. The Indians have just revealed that Sizemore is going to get an MRI on the knee. Which, thankfully, is not the same knee on which he had microfracture surgery last year. But no, is not as good as say, not having to have an MRI.
Sizemore has played great baseball since returning to the Cleveland lineup, hitting .282/.333/.641 with six homers and 11 RBI in 18 games. With him out, you figure that Michael Brantley will take over in center and Austin Kearns and/or Shelley Duncan will cover left field.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 9
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 242
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (242)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)