May 11, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore slid hard into second base in the sixth inning of last night’s Rays-Indians game. A few minutes ago he left the Indians’ clubhouse in street clothes, obviously not playing tonight. The Indians have just revealed that Sizemore is going to get an MRI on the knee. Which, thankfully, is not the same knee on which he had microfracture surgery last year. But no, is not as good as say, not having to have an MRI.
Sizemore has played great baseball since returning to the Cleveland lineup, hitting .282/.333/.641 with six homers and 11 RBI in 18 games. With him out, you figure that Michael Brantley will take over in center and Austin Kearns and/or Shelley Duncan will cover left field.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)