May 11, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Grady Sizemore slid hard into second base in the sixth inning of last night’s Rays-Indians game. A few minutes ago he left the Indians’ clubhouse in street clothes, obviously not playing tonight. The Indians have just revealed that Sizemore is going to get an MRI on the knee. Which, thankfully, is not the same knee on which he had microfracture surgery last year. But no, is not as good as say, not having to have an MRI.
Sizemore has played great baseball since returning to the Cleveland lineup, hitting .282/.333/.641 with six homers and 11 RBI in 18 games. With him out, you figure that Michael Brantley will take over in center and Austin Kearns and/or Shelley Duncan will cover left field.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 6
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 22
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 93
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (93)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)