May 11, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
Grady Sizemore slid hard into second base in the sixth inning of last night’s Rays-Indians game. A few minutes ago he left the Indians’ clubhouse in street clothes, obviously not playing tonight. The Indians have just revealed that Sizemore is going to get an MRI on the knee. Which, thankfully, is not the same knee on which he had microfracture surgery last year. But no, is not as good as say, not having to have an MRI.
Sizemore has played great baseball since returning to the Cleveland lineup, hitting .282/.333/.641 with six homers and 11 RBI in 18 games. With him out, you figure that Michael Brantley will take over in center and Austin Kearns and/or Shelley Duncan will cover left field.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)