May 11, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
Grady Sizemore slid hard into second base in the sixth inning of last night’s Rays-Indians game. A few minutes ago he left the Indians’ clubhouse in street clothes, obviously not playing tonight. The Indians have just revealed that Sizemore is going to get an MRI on the knee. Which, thankfully, is not the same knee on which he had microfracture surgery last year. But no, is not as good as say, not having to have an MRI.
Sizemore has played great baseball since returning to the Cleveland lineup, hitting .282/.333/.641 with six homers and 11 RBI in 18 games. With him out, you figure that Michael Brantley will take over in center and Austin Kearns and/or Shelley Duncan will cover left field.
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 5
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 19
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (105)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)