May 11, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
The results are in. And they’re good.
According to the Indians’ official Twitter feed, Sizemore has no structural damage and is being called “day-to-day” with a right knee contusion.
Sizemore suffered the bruise on Tuesday night while sliding hard into second base. He did not play in Wednesday’s game against the Rays and will probably sit out of Thursday’s series finale as well. But it seems like there’s a good chance that the center fielder will be back in action for Friday’s series opener with the Mariners.
Sizemore underwent microfracture surgery on his left knee last season and has played well since returning from a lengthy recovery. He currently owns a .974 OPS, six home runs and 10 doubles in 78 at-bats.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 16
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 45
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 91
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)