May 11, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
The results are in. And they’re good.
According to the Indians’ official Twitter feed, Sizemore has no structural damage and is being called “day-to-day” with a right knee contusion.
Sizemore suffered the bruise on Tuesday night while sliding hard into second base. He did not play in Wednesday’s game against the Rays and will probably sit out of Thursday’s series finale as well. But it seems like there’s a good chance that the center fielder will be back in action for Friday’s series opener with the Mariners.
Sizemore underwent microfracture surgery on his left knee last season and has played well since returning from a lengthy recovery. He currently owns a .974 OPS, six home runs and 10 doubles in 78 at-bats.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)