May 11, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
The results are in. And they’re good.
According to the Indians’ official Twitter feed, Sizemore has no structural damage and is being called “day-to-day” with a right knee contusion.
Sizemore suffered the bruise on Tuesday night while sliding hard into second base. He did not play in Wednesday’s game against the Rays and will probably sit out of Thursday’s series finale as well. But it seems like there’s a good chance that the center fielder will be back in action for Friday’s series opener with the Mariners.
Sizemore underwent microfracture surgery on his left knee last season and has played well since returning from a lengthy recovery. He currently owns a .974 OPS, six home runs and 10 doubles in 78 at-bats.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 8
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)