May 11, 2011, 10:51 PM EST
The results are in. And they’re good.
According to the Indians’ official Twitter feed, Sizemore has no structural damage and is being called “day-to-day” with a right knee contusion.
Sizemore suffered the bruise on Tuesday night while sliding hard into second base. He did not play in Wednesday’s game against the Rays and will probably sit out of Thursday’s series finale as well. But it seems like there’s a good chance that the center fielder will be back in action for Friday’s series opener with the Mariners.
Sizemore underwent microfracture surgery on his left knee last season and has played well since returning from a lengthy recovery. He currently owns a .974 OPS, six home runs and 10 doubles in 78 at-bats.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 19
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 40
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)