May 11, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
The results are in. And they’re good.
According to the Indians’ official Twitter feed, Sizemore has no structural damage and is being called “day-to-day” with a right knee contusion.
Sizemore suffered the bruise on Tuesday night while sliding hard into second base. He did not play in Wednesday’s game against the Rays and will probably sit out of Thursday’s series finale as well. But it seems like there’s a good chance that the center fielder will be back in action for Friday’s series opener with the Mariners.
Sizemore underwent microfracture surgery on his left knee last season and has played well since returning from a lengthy recovery. He currently owns a .974 OPS, six home runs and 10 doubles in 78 at-bats.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (84)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)