May 11, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
The Padres, who entered today’s game with a major league-worst .219 batting average, collected 23 hits Wednesday in a 13-6 win over the Brewers.
It was the third most hits in franchise victory. They had 24 hits on April 19, 1982 against the Giants and on Aug. 12, 2003 against the Braves (in a Greg Maddux start).
By going 23-for-42 in the game, they raised their collective team average 11 points to .230. Now the Nationals have the game’s worst average at .222.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)