May 11, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
The Padres, who entered today’s game with a major league-worst .219 batting average, collected 23 hits Wednesday in a 13-6 win over the Brewers.
It was the third most hits in franchise victory. They had 24 hits on April 19, 1982 against the Giants and on Aug. 12, 2003 against the Braves (in a Greg Maddux start).
By going 23-for-42 in the game, they raised their collective team average 11 points to .230. Now the Nationals have the game’s worst average at .222.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)