May 11, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
The Padres, who entered today’s game with a major league-worst .219 batting average, collected 23 hits Wednesday in a 13-6 win over the Brewers.
It was the third most hits in franchise victory. They had 24 hits on April 19, 1982 against the Giants and on Aug. 12, 2003 against the Braves (in a Greg Maddux start).
By going 23-for-42 in the game, they raised their collective team average 11 points to .230. Now the Nationals have the game’s worst average at .222.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)