May 11, 2011, 4:39 PM EDT
The Padres, who entered today’s game with a major league-worst .219 batting average, collected 23 hits Wednesday in a 13-6 win over the Brewers.
It was the third most hits in franchise victory. They had 24 hits on April 19, 1982 against the Giants and on Aug. 12, 2003 against the Braves (in a Greg Maddux start).
By going 23-for-42 in the game, they raised their collective team average 11 points to .230. Now the Nationals have the game’s worst average at .222.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 37
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 11
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 29
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 34
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 349
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (349)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (183)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)