May 11, 2011, 4:49 PM EST
Moylan told Mark Bowman of MLB.com that he hopes to return in 8-12 weeks, which in theory could give him enough time to pitch again this season, but that seems like a longshot.
Of course, Moylan has had a very good career despite not debuting in the majors until age 27 and bounced back extremely well from Tommy John elbow surgery a few years ago, so I’m not going to put anything past him.
He’ll definitely be missed, as Moylan has a 2.61 ERA in 252 career innings and the ground-ball machine has allowing just 13 total homers in 1,054 plate appearances.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)