May 11, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Moylan told Mark Bowman of MLB.com that he hopes to return in 8-12 weeks, which in theory could give him enough time to pitch again this season, but that seems like a longshot.
Of course, Moylan has had a very good career despite not debuting in the majors until age 27 and bounced back extremely well from Tommy John elbow surgery a few years ago, so I’m not going to put anything past him.
He’ll definitely be missed, as Moylan has a 2.61 ERA in 252 career innings and the ground-ball machine has allowing just 13 total homers in 1,054 plate appearances.
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 4
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 17
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 10
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)