May 11, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Moylan told Mark Bowman of MLB.com that he hopes to return in 8-12 weeks, which in theory could give him enough time to pitch again this season, but that seems like a longshot.
Of course, Moylan has had a very good career despite not debuting in the majors until age 27 and bounced back extremely well from Tommy John elbow surgery a few years ago, so I’m not going to put anything past him.
He’ll definitely be missed, as Moylan has a 2.61 ERA in 252 career innings and the ground-ball machine has allowing just 13 total homers in 1,054 plate appearances.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)