May 11, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Moylan told Mark Bowman of MLB.com that he hopes to return in 8-12 weeks, which in theory could give him enough time to pitch again this season, but that seems like a longshot.
Of course, Moylan has had a very good career despite not debuting in the majors until age 27 and bounced back extremely well from Tommy John elbow surgery a few years ago, so I’m not going to put anything past him.
He’ll definitely be missed, as Moylan has a 2.61 ERA in 252 career innings and the ground-ball machine has allowing just 13 total homers in 1,054 plate appearances.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)