May 11, 2011, 11:03 AM EDT
At least I think that’s what this report is saying. The headline is highly misleading: “Steve Cohen will not buy Mets for $840 million.” Which is fine, but he was never reported to be doing that. He was reported to be buying a stake in the $200 million neighborhood. The post itself seems to be saying that’s off too, however, and if that’s the case, that’s the bigger news.
The rationale — Cohen would prefer control — is something we’ve seen reported before, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the minority-stake sale is off. I just wish it was put a little more clearly.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)