May 11, 2011, 11:03 AM EDT
At least I think that’s what this report is saying. The headline is highly misleading: “Steve Cohen will not buy Mets for $840 million.” Which is fine, but he was never reported to be doing that. He was reported to be buying a stake in the $200 million neighborhood. The post itself seems to be saying that’s off too, however, and if that’s the case, that’s the bigger news.
The rationale — Cohen would prefer control — is something we’ve seen reported before, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the minority-stake sale is off. I just wish it was put a little more clearly.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)