May 11, 2011, 11:03 AM EDT
At least I think that’s what this report is saying. The headline is highly misleading: “Steve Cohen will not buy Mets for $840 million.” Which is fine, but he was never reported to be doing that. He was reported to be buying a stake in the $200 million neighborhood. The post itself seems to be saying that’s off too, however, and if that’s the case, that’s the bigger news.
The rationale — Cohen would prefer control — is something we’ve seen reported before, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the minority-stake sale is off. I just wish it was put a little more clearly.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 3
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 4
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 5
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 51
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)