May 11, 2011, 11:03 AM EDT
At least I think that’s what this report is saying. The headline is highly misleading: “Steve Cohen will not buy Mets for $840 million.” Which is fine, but he was never reported to be doing that. He was reported to be buying a stake in the $200 million neighborhood. The post itself seems to be saying that’s off too, however, and if that’s the case, that’s the bigger news.
The rationale — Cohen would prefer control — is something we’ve seen reported before, so it wouldn’t surprise me if the minority-stake sale is off. I just wish it was put a little more clearly.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 61
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)