May 11, 2011, 10:18 PM EST
Cano sat on the batter’s box dirt for a few minutes as manager Joe Girardi and team trainer Steve Donohue rushed out to check on him. He didn’t look to be in much pain and even cracked a few grins, but the Yankees decided to pull him from the contest anyway for precautionary reasons.
Backup infielder Eduardo Nunez entered as a pinch-runner and will finish out the game at second base.
Cano will likely be tested for a concussion tonight and then again Thursday morning. The Yankees finish up their three-game series with the Royals on Thursday evening then welcome the Red Sox to town for a weekend series on Friday. It’s not yet known if Cano will need to miss any time.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)