May 11, 2011, 10:18 PM EDT
Cano sat on the batter’s box dirt for a few minutes as manager Joe Girardi and team trainer Steve Donohue rushed out to check on him. He didn’t look to be in much pain and even cracked a few grins, but the Yankees decided to pull him from the contest anyway for precautionary reasons.
Backup infielder Eduardo Nunez entered as a pinch-runner and will finish out the game at second base.
Cano will likely be tested for a concussion tonight and then again Thursday morning. The Yankees finish up their three-game series with the Royals on Thursday evening then welcome the Red Sox to town for a weekend series on Friday. It’s not yet known if Cano will need to miss any time.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)