May 11, 2011, 7:12 PM EDT
Brewers left fielder Ryan Braun made an early exit from Wednesday’s game against the Padres because of a left ankle contusion. The Brewers don’t think the condition is serious and are considering him “day-to-day.”
That all comes from Adam McCalvy of MLB.com.
Braun, 27, has opened his fifth major league season with a sparkling .307/.392/.562 batting line, 10 home runs and 25 RBI through 158 plate appearances. He finished 2-for-4 with an RBI and two runs scored on Wednesday, but the Padres tallied a whopping 23 hits and were able to capture a 13-6 victory.
The Brewers have an off day Thursday, which should provide enough rest for Braun’s ankle. If he can’t go Friday evening against the Pirates, look for Mark Kotsay or Brandon Boggs to start in left field.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 8
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 49
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 108
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (86)