May 11, 2011, 7:12 PM EST
Brewers left fielder Ryan Braun made an early exit from Wednesday’s game against the Padres because of a left ankle contusion. The Brewers don’t think the condition is serious and are considering him “day-to-day.”
That all comes from Adam McCalvy of MLB.com.
Braun, 27, has opened his fifth major league season with a sparkling .307/.392/.562 batting line, 10 home runs and 25 RBI through 158 plate appearances. He finished 2-for-4 with an RBI and two runs scored on Wednesday, but the Padres tallied a whopping 23 hits and were able to capture a 13-6 victory.
The Brewers have an off day Thursday, which should provide enough rest for Braun’s ankle. If he can’t go Friday evening against the Pirates, look for Mark Kotsay or Brandon Boggs to start in left field.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)