May 11, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
Know what? We post an awful damn lot here at HBT. Sometimes so much that even I can’t keep up and this is my job. That’s especially true in the evenings when I’m putting my kids to bed and watching baseball.
Know what else? In the past couple of weeks we’ve been posting even more in the evenings.
Know what else? I know a huge percentage of you people read HBT at work and that, understandably, you don’t scroll back past And That Happened when you sit down at your desk and begin wasting time on the Internet.
In light of all of that, when we’ve had especially busy evenings here at HBT, I’m going to serve you up with a morning wrap — let’s call it a Breakfast Wrap — catching you up on what you missed since you took the evening train home the day before. Lots happened in baseball last night. Including this stuff:
- Albert Pujols hugged Jim Hendry which apparently gave everyone a case of the vapors;
- David Aardsma has a bum elbow ligament;
- With all apologies to lovely Edmonton, Alberta, Willie Aybar is in baseball Siberia;
- Ernie Young hit three home runs. Wait, that was in 1996;
- Matthew called Bruce Chen the “Royals’ ace,” which made me do a spit take with my evening beverage. And I guess he is. Or will be when he comes back from his lat strain;
- Vernon Wells got sent to the DL, which in turn sent Howie Kendrick to left field last night. Which was weird;
- If Josh Thole ain’t tough enough to handle Twitter, how can he handle New York crowds? And I’m only half joking.
- Phil Hughes will begin a throwing program tomorrow;
- Chase Utley began playing minor league rehab games yesterday;
- Jason Heyward, Rafael Soriano and Ike Davis are all ailing.
Hope that wrap was tasty. Care for a warmup on that coffee, hon?
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 0
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 25
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 16
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)