May 11, 2011, 8:25 AM EST
Know what? We post an awful damn lot here at HBT. Sometimes so much that even I can’t keep up and this is my job. That’s especially true in the evenings when I’m putting my kids to bed and watching baseball.
Know what else? In the past couple of weeks we’ve been posting even more in the evenings.
Know what else? I know a huge percentage of you people read HBT at work and that, understandably, you don’t scroll back past And That Happened when you sit down at your desk and begin wasting time on the Internet.
In light of all of that, when we’ve had especially busy evenings here at HBT, I’m going to serve you up with a morning wrap — let’s call it a Breakfast Wrap — catching you up on what you missed since you took the evening train home the day before. Lots happened in baseball last night. Including this stuff:
- Albert Pujols hugged Jim Hendry which apparently gave everyone a case of the vapors;
- David Aardsma has a bum elbow ligament;
- With all apologies to lovely Edmonton, Alberta, Willie Aybar is in baseball Siberia;
- Ernie Young hit three home runs. Wait, that was in 1996;
- Matthew called Bruce Chen the “Royals’ ace,” which made me do a spit take with my evening beverage. And I guess he is. Or will be when he comes back from his lat strain;
- Vernon Wells got sent to the DL, which in turn sent Howie Kendrick to left field last night. Which was weird;
- If Josh Thole ain’t tough enough to handle Twitter, how can he handle New York crowds? And I’m only half joking.
- Phil Hughes will begin a throwing program tomorrow;
- Chase Utley began playing minor league rehab games yesterday;
- Jason Heyward, Rafael Soriano and Ike Davis are all ailing.
Hope that wrap was tasty. Care for a warmup on that coffee, hon?
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)