The HBT Breakfast Wrap

May 11, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT

Breakfast Wrap

Know what? We post an awful damn lot here at HBT.  Sometimes so much that even I can’t keep up and this is my job.  That’s especially true in the evenings when I’m putting my kids to bed and watching baseball.

Know what else? In the past couple of weeks we’ve been posting even more in the evenings.

Know what else? I know a huge percentage of you people read HBT at work and that, understandably, you don’t scroll back past And That Happened when you sit down at your desk and begin wasting time on the Internet.

In light of all of that, when we’ve had especially busy evenings here at HBT, I’m going to serve you up with a morning wrap — let’s call it a Breakfast Wrap — catching you up on what you missed since you took the evening train home the day before.  Lots happened in baseball last night. Including this stuff:

Hope that wrap was tasty. Care for a warmup on that coffee, hon?

1. kopy - May 11, 2011 at 8:52 AM

This is a good idea. The 3rd paragraph has me pegged.

2. sdelmonte - May 11, 2011 at 9:02 AM

This only confirms that HBT = Hurt Ballplayers Today.

3. koufaxmitzvah - May 11, 2011 at 9:02 AM

You had me at the breakfast tacos.

4. cur68 - May 11, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Craig,
    Even people FROM Edmonton, Alberta call it Siberia. Actually some of us call it Alaska South. I intend to go visit and watch Aybar play. I shall take a coat.

• cur68 - May 11, 2011 at 9:05 AM

I forgot to mention; there was much breaking of rule 3.09 in the pre game of the Jays V Sox. Is Joe Torre going to do something about this?

5. jas131 - May 11, 2011 at 10:18 AM

That picture made me really hungry.

6. halladaysbiceps - May 11, 2011 at 10:59 AM

After the Phillies loss yesterday, I lost my appetite for breakfast. After I replay the error by Rollins in my head over and over again, I want to throw up.

7. Utley's Hair - May 11, 2011 at 11:20 AM

Mornin’…I’ll take a cheddar and mushroom omelet with home fries and a side of scrapple. And keep the coffee flowing.

Oh, wait…wrong place. Sorry Craig.

The Jon Lester-Yoenis Cespedes trade is a win-win