May 11, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
Know what? We post an awful damn lot here at HBT. Sometimes so much that even I can’t keep up and this is my job. That’s especially true in the evenings when I’m putting my kids to bed and watching baseball.
Know what else? In the past couple of weeks we’ve been posting even more in the evenings.
Know what else? I know a huge percentage of you people read HBT at work and that, understandably, you don’t scroll back past And That Happened when you sit down at your desk and begin wasting time on the Internet.
In light of all of that, when we’ve had especially busy evenings here at HBT, I’m going to serve you up with a morning wrap — let’s call it a Breakfast Wrap — catching you up on what you missed since you took the evening train home the day before. Lots happened in baseball last night. Including this stuff:
- Albert Pujols hugged Jim Hendry which apparently gave everyone a case of the vapors;
- David Aardsma has a bum elbow ligament;
- With all apologies to lovely Edmonton, Alberta, Willie Aybar is in baseball Siberia;
- Ernie Young hit three home runs. Wait, that was in 1996;
- Matthew called Bruce Chen the “Royals’ ace,” which made me do a spit take with my evening beverage. And I guess he is. Or will be when he comes back from his lat strain;
- Vernon Wells got sent to the DL, which in turn sent Howie Kendrick to left field last night. Which was weird;
- If Josh Thole ain’t tough enough to handle Twitter, how can he handle New York crowds? And I’m only half joking.
- Phil Hughes will begin a throwing program tomorrow;
- Chase Utley began playing minor league rehab games yesterday;
- Jason Heyward, Rafael Soriano and Ike Davis are all ailing.
Hope that wrap was tasty. Care for a warmup on that coffee, hon?
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)