May 12, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Adam Lind played catch prior to yesterday’s game and after receiving acupuncture and anti-inflammatory medication for his injured back the Blue Jays first baseman is hoping to rejoin the lineup Friday.
That would mean avoiding the disabled list, which Lind seemed to think was unlikely as recently as Tuesday, but Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Lind’s back spasms have subsided.
David Cooper has started three times in Lind’s absence, with Edwin Encarnacion getting the other start at first base. Lind was hitting .313 with seven homers and an .858 OPS in 32 games prior to the injury.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)