May 12, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Adam Lind played catch prior to yesterday’s game and after receiving acupuncture and anti-inflammatory medication for his injured back the Blue Jays first baseman is hoping to rejoin the lineup Friday.
That would mean avoiding the disabled list, which Lind seemed to think was unlikely as recently as Tuesday, but Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Lind’s back spasms have subsided.
David Cooper has started three times in Lind’s absence, with Edwin Encarnacion getting the other start at first base. Lind was hitting .313 with seven homers and an .858 OPS in 32 games prior to the injury.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 4
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 6
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 31
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)