May 12, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Adam Lind played catch prior to yesterday’s game and after receiving acupuncture and anti-inflammatory medication for his injured back the Blue Jays first baseman is hoping to rejoin the lineup Friday.
That would mean avoiding the disabled list, which Lind seemed to think was unlikely as recently as Tuesday, but Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Lind’s back spasms have subsided.
David Cooper has started three times in Lind’s absence, with Edwin Encarnacion getting the other start at first base. Lind was hitting .313 with seven homers and an .858 OPS in 32 games prior to the injury.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)