May 12, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Adam Lind played catch prior to yesterday’s game and after receiving acupuncture and anti-inflammatory medication for his injured back the Blue Jays first baseman is hoping to rejoin the lineup Friday.
That would mean avoiding the disabled list, which Lind seemed to think was unlikely as recently as Tuesday, but Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Lind’s back spasms have subsided.
David Cooper has started three times in Lind’s absence, with Edwin Encarnacion getting the other start at first base. Lind was hitting .313 with seven homers and an .858 OPS in 32 games prior to the injury.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)