May 12, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Adam Lind played catch prior to yesterday’s game and after receiving acupuncture and anti-inflammatory medication for his injured back the Blue Jays first baseman is hoping to rejoin the lineup Friday.
That would mean avoiding the disabled list, which Lind seemed to think was unlikely as recently as Tuesday, but Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Lind’s back spasms have subsided.
David Cooper has started three times in Lind’s absence, with Edwin Encarnacion getting the other start at first base. Lind was hitting .313 with seven homers and an .858 OPS in 32 games prior to the injury.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)