May 12, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
B.J. Upton will start serving his two-game suspension this afternoon in Cleveland and he’ll also miss tomorrow night’s game in Tampa Bay as punishment for throwing his bat and helmet following a called third strike on May 4.
Upton, who will also pay a $1,500 fine, had a big series against the Orioles and a productive two games against the Indians while appealing the suspension, going 10-for-23 (.435) with five extra-base hits and 10 RBIs.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 61
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)