May 12, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
B.J. Upton will start serving his two-game suspension this afternoon in Cleveland and he’ll also miss tomorrow night’s game in Tampa Bay as punishment for throwing his bat and helmet following a called third strike on May 4.
Upton, who will also pay a $1,500 fine, had a big series against the Orioles and a productive two games against the Indians while appealing the suspension, going 10-for-23 (.435) with five extra-base hits and 10 RBIs.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 0
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 19
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)