May 12, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
B.J. Upton will start serving his two-game suspension this afternoon in Cleveland and he’ll also miss tomorrow night’s game in Tampa Bay as punishment for throwing his bat and helmet following a called third strike on May 4.
Upton, who will also pay a $1,500 fine, had a big series against the Orioles and a productive two games against the Indians while appealing the suspension, going 10-for-23 (.435) with five extra-base hits and 10 RBIs.
- Hanley Ramirez exits game with apparent arm injury 0
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 11
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 54
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)