May 12, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
B.J. Upton will start serving his two-game suspension this afternoon in Cleveland and he’ll also miss tomorrow night’s game in Tampa Bay as punishment for throwing his bat and helmet following a called third strike on May 4.
Upton, who will also pay a $1,500 fine, had a big series against the Orioles and a productive two games against the Indians while appealing the suspension, going 10-for-23 (.435) with five extra-base hits and 10 RBIs.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)