May 12, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
B.J. Upton will start serving his two-game suspension this afternoon in Cleveland and he’ll also miss tomorrow night’s game in Tampa Bay as punishment for throwing his bat and helmet following a called third strike on May 4.
Upton, who will also pay a $1,500 fine, had a big series against the Orioles and a productive two games against the Indians while appealing the suspension, going 10-for-23 (.435) with five extra-base hits and 10 RBIs.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)