May 12, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT
Just as the New York Mets’ longtime clubhouse manager is charged with stealing stuff from the Mets, we have word of another clubhouse theft. This time, however, it doesn’t sound like an inside job:
Authorities in New York say a Massachusetts man is accused of stealing Boston Red Sox memorabilia from Fenway Park. Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota says the suspect, Jamie Pritchard Holland, has been charged with criminal possession of stolen property that was taken during a burglary at the Boston ballpark. It was not immediately clear why the arrest happened on New York’s Long Island.
I watched that movie “The Town” a couple of months ago. After watching Ben Affleck’s crew get shot down like dogs in the bowels of Fenway Park, I wouldn’t try to steal anything from that place.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 77
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 219
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (219)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)