Clubhouse theft is the new hotness

May 12, 2011, 12:30 PM EDT

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Just as the New York Mets’ longtime clubhouse manager is charged with stealing stuff from the Mets, we have word of another clubhouse theft. This time, however, it doesn’t sound like an inside job:

Authorities in New York say a Massachusetts man is accused of stealing Boston Red Sox memorabilia from Fenway Park. Suffolk County District Attorney Thomas Spota says the suspect, Jamie Pritchard Holland, has been charged with criminal possession of stolen property that was taken during a burglary at the Boston ballpark. It was not immediately clear why the arrest happened on New York’s Long Island.

Investigators recovered a home plate, Red Sox uniforms, a first base glove used by Kevin Youkilis, cleats worn by second baseman Dustin Pedroia and other team property.

I watched that movie “The Town” a couple of months ago. After watching Ben Affleck’s crew get shot down like dogs in the bowels of Fenway Park, I wouldn’t try to steal anything from that place.

1. yankeesfanlen - May 12, 2011 at 12:33 PM

They shoot dogs in Fenway? Another reason not to like it.
    At Yankee Stadium, they have helpful Golden Retreiver pups to bring you beer.

• heyblueyoustink - May 12, 2011 at 2:29 PM

He’s not so helpful if he pees on your beer first

• bigharold - May 12, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Perhaps that will teach them to wear Red Sox gear at The Stadium?

2. volcom2143 - May 12, 2011 at 12:38 PM

Way to ruin The Town for me buddy . Nice spoiler …

• Craig Calcaterra - May 12, 2011 at 12:40 PM

It’s been out for eight months. If you were that hot to see it you would have already.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - May 12, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Actually, Affleck’s character lives and Jeremy Renner is shot like a dog outside on the street after escaping the ballpark. Oh, forgot to mention, *spoiler alert*!!!!

• ahealthyscratch - May 12, 2011 at 1:10 PM

“If I were to say to you I hadn’t seen Evil Dead 2 yet, do you think I want to see it but haven’t?”

Any Cusack/Hornby fans? No? Just me?

• deathmonkey41 - May 12, 2011 at 1:21 PM

That’s just crazy talk- who the hell hasn’t seen Evil Dead 2 yet??? That movie is a freakin’ classic!!!

• Ace - May 12, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Yeah, serious bummer. I was really looking forward to The Town. On an unrelated note, Craig, what’s on your Netflix queue these days?

• Ralph - May 12, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Not to ruin “The Sixth Sense” for you, but Bruce Willis was dead the whole time. Sorry ’bout that.

• BC - May 12, 2011 at 2:16 PM

Can someone ruin “The Interpreter” for me? I was watching it the other night and fell asleep with about 20 mins left.

3. halladaysbiceps - May 12, 2011 at 12:39 PM

Recovered home plate? Maybe now, those Sox can start scoring some more runs with that great offense on paper. You need a home plate for a run to score, after all.

• clydeserra - May 12, 2011 at 1:04 PM

Chris Chambliss can score without a home plate.

Just saying.

• sportsdrenched - May 12, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Like Lloyd MCclendon says: If you’re not going to use it, I’m taking it with me.”

4. BC - May 12, 2011 at 12:41 PM

Hey, people stole urinals from Shea Stadium during the last couple games (how you walk out of there with a urinal without being stopped is kinda beyond me). So I wouldn’t anything past anyone.

• kopy - May 12, 2011 at 12:51 PM

I hope they installed them. I’m a proponent of more people owning urinals in their homes.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - May 12, 2011 at 12:52 PM

What would be even more impressive is stealing a trough from Wrigley during a day game.

• CJ - May 12, 2011 at 1:19 PM

That’d be a piece of cake (mmm….cake).

Who’s going to stop someone walking out with that thing and take it from them? You’d have to pay me a million bucks and throw in a Hazmat suit before I even thought about touching one of those things.

• Ralph - May 12, 2011 at 1:45 PM

CJ, I’m guessing that you haven’t seen this video then….

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - May 12, 2011 at 4:06 PM

That made me puke a bit. The smell…the horror…the horror…

5. jobooo - May 12, 2011 at 1:15 PM

No spoiler tag is necessary because “The Town” sucked.

6. deathmonkey41 - May 12, 2011 at 1:22 PM

He’s lucky he didn’t poke his hands in Big Papi’s locker- he might have gotten poked by a needle.

7. Chris Fiorentino - May 12, 2011 at 1:50 PM

Great line from Al Morganti of the Morning Show in Philly…”All those Mets players who are stealing money and they are picking on the equipment guy for taking some bats and shirts?????”

• halladaysbiceps - May 12, 2011 at 1:59 PM

Chris, I heard that too from Al. Al, somewhat silent at times, speaks up occasionally and usually has some funny things to say.

I also love when Rhea asked Craig what is #2 or #3 on Oswalt’s most important things in his life if not baseball, Craig responds his bulldozer. Classic.

8. Paul - May 12, 2011 at 3:40 PM