May 12, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Assuming he can avoid a setback while playing in an extended spring training game today Delmon Young will come off the disabled list tomorrow and rejoin the Twins’ lineup after missing 19 games with a strained oblique muscle.
Young didn’t hit much prior to the injury, but Minnesota’s offense is desperate for help at this point, as the Twins rank dead last among AL teams in runs, batting average, on-base percentage, slugging percentage, homers, and walks.
To make room for Young’s return the Twins figure to send either Rene Tosoni or Ben Revere back to Triple-A, with Revere likely having a better shot to stick around for a while because he can replace the also-injured Jason Repko as the backup center fielder.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)