May 12, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Assuming he can avoid a setback while playing in an extended spring training game today Delmon Young will come off the disabled list tomorrow and rejoin the Twins’ lineup after missing 19 games with a strained oblique muscle.
Young didn’t hit much prior to the injury, but Minnesota’s offense is desperate for help at this point, as the Twins rank dead last among AL teams in runs, batting average, on-base percentage, slugging percentage, homers, and walks.
To make room for Young’s return the Twins figure to send either Rene Tosoni or Ben Revere back to Triple-A, with Revere likely having a better shot to stick around for a while because he can replace the also-injured Jason Repko as the backup center fielder.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (81)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)