May 12, 2011, 1:45 PM EST
Assuming he can avoid a setback while playing in an extended spring training game today Delmon Young will come off the disabled list tomorrow and rejoin the Twins’ lineup after missing 19 games with a strained oblique muscle.
Young didn’t hit much prior to the injury, but Minnesota’s offense is desperate for help at this point, as the Twins rank dead last among AL teams in runs, batting average, on-base percentage, slugging percentage, homers, and walks.
To make room for Young’s return the Twins figure to send either Rene Tosoni or Ben Revere back to Triple-A, with Revere likely having a better shot to stick around for a while because he can replace the also-injured Jason Repko as the backup center fielder.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15