May 12, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Assuming he can avoid a setback while playing in an extended spring training game today Delmon Young will come off the disabled list tomorrow and rejoin the Twins’ lineup after missing 19 games with a strained oblique muscle.
Young didn’t hit much prior to the injury, but Minnesota’s offense is desperate for help at this point, as the Twins rank dead last among AL teams in runs, batting average, on-base percentage, slugging percentage, homers, and walks.
To make room for Young’s return the Twins figure to send either Rene Tosoni or Ben Revere back to Triple-A, with Revere likely having a better shot to stick around for a while because he can replace the also-injured Jason Repko as the backup center fielder.
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 2
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 4
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 43
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)