May 12, 2011, 1:45 PM EDT
Assuming he can avoid a setback while playing in an extended spring training game today Delmon Young will come off the disabled list tomorrow and rejoin the Twins’ lineup after missing 19 games with a strained oblique muscle.
Young didn’t hit much prior to the injury, but Minnesota’s offense is desperate for help at this point, as the Twins rank dead last among AL teams in runs, batting average, on-base percentage, slugging percentage, homers, and walks.
To make room for Young’s return the Twins figure to send either Rene Tosoni or Ben Revere back to Triple-A, with Revere likely having a better shot to stick around for a while because he can replace the also-injured Jason Repko as the backup center fielder.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 75
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 40
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 14
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 5
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 70
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (76)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger