May 12, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
As Drew noted last night, Robinson Cano was hit in the head by a Nate Adcock pitch in the fifth inning of the Yankees-Royals game. Good news this morning: Cano’s CT scan came back negative and, while he’ll probably sit out today’s series finale against the Royals, he is day-to-day and could very well be in the lineup tomorrow against the Red Sox.
I have nothing else to add to this other than “that’s a relief.” But since I made you click through to read this much, I may as well reward you for your time. So, courtesy of Baseball Crank, here’s Pete Rose, caught on film a few hours before he was disciplined by the Reds for fraternizing with a member of “the working press.”
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)