May 12, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
While you were sleeping. Well, assuming you go to sleep at like 7PM:
- Hong-Chih Kuo has the yips.
- Rick Ankiel was sent down. Oh wait, that was in 2001. In other news, at this time in 2001 I was young, childless and had some money, and was on a nice vacation in Europe with my wife, flying here and there with no security hassles and thinking that the biggest issue of the day was the AOL-Time Warner merger.
- Scott Podsednik was released. Which was easy for the Jays because of his non-guaranteed contract. Which was different from the guaranteed one he passed up from the Dodgers over the winter for reasons that to this day remain unclear.
- Ryan Klesko pitched BP for the Braves. After last night’s game people are wondering if he’s willing to join the bullpen.
- Is it time for Edinson Volquez to visit lovely Louisville? I’m visiting Louisville in June. Maybe we can meet up for a hot brown!
- Stephen Strasburg is going to throw from a mound.
- Maybe Strasburg’s comeback would be accelerated if he had stem cells injected into him like Bartolo Colon did.
- Robinson Cano got doinked on the head.
- Grady Sizemore’s knee is OK.
- Not so, Kendrys Morales’ ankle.
- Are Phillies fans going soft?
- Bryan Stow may be moved closer to home.
I wish “HBT Huevos Rancheros” made sense as a wrapup title. I like those way better.
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 9
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 1
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 30
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 32
- Numbers game: Tigers fall victim to baseball’s speed obsession 45
- Twins prospect Byron Buxton done for season after concussion 3
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. 74
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)