May 12, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
While you were sleeping. Well, assuming you go to sleep at like 7PM:
- Hong-Chih Kuo has the yips.
- Rick Ankiel was sent down. Oh wait, that was in 2001. In other news, at this time in 2001 I was young, childless and had some money, and was on a nice vacation in Europe with my wife, flying here and there with no security hassles and thinking that the biggest issue of the day was the AOL-Time Warner merger.
- Scott Podsednik was released. Which was easy for the Jays because of his non-guaranteed contract. Which was different from the guaranteed one he passed up from the Dodgers over the winter for reasons that to this day remain unclear.
- Ryan Klesko pitched BP for the Braves. After last night’s game people are wondering if he’s willing to join the bullpen.
- Is it time for Edinson Volquez to visit lovely Louisville? I’m visiting Louisville in June. Maybe we can meet up for a hot brown!
- Stephen Strasburg is going to throw from a mound.
- Maybe Strasburg’s comeback would be accelerated if he had stem cells injected into him like Bartolo Colon did.
- Robinson Cano got doinked on the head.
- Grady Sizemore’s knee is OK.
- Not so, Kendrys Morales’ ankle.
- Are Phillies fans going soft?
- Bryan Stow may be moved closer to home.
I wish “HBT Huevos Rancheros” made sense as a wrapup title. I like those way better.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming