May 12, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
While you were sleeping. Well, assuming you go to sleep at like 7PM:
- Hong-Chih Kuo has the yips.
- Rick Ankiel was sent down. Oh wait, that was in 2001. In other news, at this time in 2001 I was young, childless and had some money, and was on a nice vacation in Europe with my wife, flying here and there with no security hassles and thinking that the biggest issue of the day was the AOL-Time Warner merger.
- Scott Podsednik was released. Which was easy for the Jays because of his non-guaranteed contract. Which was different from the guaranteed one he passed up from the Dodgers over the winter for reasons that to this day remain unclear.
- Ryan Klesko pitched BP for the Braves. After last night’s game people are wondering if he’s willing to join the bullpen.
- Is it time for Edinson Volquez to visit lovely Louisville? I’m visiting Louisville in June. Maybe we can meet up for a hot brown!
- Stephen Strasburg is going to throw from a mound.
- Maybe Strasburg’s comeback would be accelerated if he had stem cells injected into him like Bartolo Colon did.
- Robinson Cano got doinked on the head.
- Grady Sizemore’s knee is OK.
- Not so, Kendrys Morales’ ankle.
- Are Phillies fans going soft?
- Bryan Stow may be moved closer to home.
I wish “HBT Huevos Rancheros” made sense as a wrapup title. I like those way better.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 14
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 54
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 52
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 46
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)