May 12, 2011, 6:26 PM EDT
Heyward received a cortisone shot and is expected to take at least two days off. He could be used as a pinch-hitter tonight if neded.
Heyward admitted after Tuesday’s game that he’s been battling soreness in his non-throwing shoulder since the spring. He’s currently in a 2-for-28 slump that has lowered his average to .220.
Eric Hinske is playing right field in Heyward’s place again tonight.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)