May 12, 2011, 6:26 PM EDT
Heyward received a cortisone shot and is expected to take at least two days off. He could be used as a pinch-hitter tonight if neded.
Heyward admitted after Tuesday’s game that he’s been battling soreness in his non-throwing shoulder since the spring. He’s currently in a 2-for-28 slump that has lowered his average to .220.
Eric Hinske is playing right field in Heyward’s place again tonight.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 9
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 10
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)