May 12, 2011, 6:26 PM EST
Heyward received a cortisone shot and is expected to take at least two days off. He could be used as a pinch-hitter tonight if neded.
Heyward admitted after Tuesday’s game that he’s been battling soreness in his non-throwing shoulder since the spring. He’s currently in a 2-for-28 slump that has lowered his average to .220.
Eric Hinske is playing right field in Heyward’s place again tonight.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 18
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 74
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)