May 12, 2011, 6:26 PM EDT
Heyward received a cortisone shot and is expected to take at least two days off. He could be used as a pinch-hitter tonight if neded.
Heyward admitted after Tuesday’s game that he’s been battling soreness in his non-throwing shoulder since the spring. He’s currently in a 2-for-28 slump that has lowered his average to .220.
Eric Hinske is playing right field in Heyward’s place again tonight.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)