May 12, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Out since April 20 with a sprained foot, Morrison has made great use of his downtime by furthering his Twitter dominance over other players. For instance, here’s how he announced his impending return from the DL:
Attention DC; Hide ur wives & (hot) daughters. It looks like the Honey Badger will b back Fri.
Friday’s game is, of course, in Washington.
Emilio Bonifacio has hit surprisingly well as Florida’s primary left fielder with Morrison out, batting .317 with a .380 on-base percentage, but Morrison was hitting .327 with four homers and a 1.061 OPS in 15 games prior to the injury.
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 10
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 28
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 15
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)