May 12, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Out since April 20 with a sprained foot, Morrison has made great use of his downtime by furthering his Twitter dominance over other players. For instance, here’s how he announced his impending return from the DL:
Attention DC; Hide ur wives & (hot) daughters. It looks like the Honey Badger will b back Fri.
Friday’s game is, of course, in Washington.
Emilio Bonifacio has hit surprisingly well as Florida’s primary left fielder with Morrison out, batting .317 with a .380 on-base percentage, but Morrison was hitting .327 with four homers and a 1.061 OPS in 15 games prior to the injury.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)