May 12, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Out since April 20 with a sprained foot, Morrison has made great use of his downtime by furthering his Twitter dominance over other players. For instance, here’s how he announced his impending return from the DL:
Attention DC; Hide ur wives & (hot) daughters. It looks like the Honey Badger will b back Fri.
Friday’s game is, of course, in Washington.
Emilio Bonifacio has hit surprisingly well as Florida’s primary left fielder with Morrison out, batting .317 with a .380 on-base percentage, but Morrison was hitting .327 with four homers and a 1.061 OPS in 15 games prior to the injury.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 41
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)