May 12, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Out since April 20 with a sprained foot, Morrison has made great use of his downtime by furthering his Twitter dominance over other players. For instance, here’s how he announced his impending return from the DL:
Attention DC; Hide ur wives & (hot) daughters. It looks like the Honey Badger will b back Fri.
Friday’s game is, of course, in Washington.
Emilio Bonifacio has hit surprisingly well as Florida’s primary left fielder with Morrison out, batting .317 with a .380 on-base percentage, but Morrison was hitting .327 with four homers and a 1.061 OPS in 15 games prior to the injury.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)