May 12, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Out since April 20 with a sprained foot, Morrison has made great use of his downtime by furthering his Twitter dominance over other players. For instance, here’s how he announced his impending return from the DL:
Attention DC; Hide ur wives & (hot) daughters. It looks like the Honey Badger will b back Fri.
Friday’s game is, of course, in Washington.
Emilio Bonifacio has hit surprisingly well as Florida’s primary left fielder with Morrison out, batting .317 with a .380 on-base percentage, but Morrison was hitting .327 with four homers and a 1.061 OPS in 15 games prior to the injury.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 3
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 53
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 57
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)