May 12, 2011, 3:44 PM EDT
As a former baseball card fanatic who became a stat-head, this illustrated history of how the statistics displayed on the back of cards have changed over the years is a must-read from Larry Granillo at Baseball Prospectus:
You should also follow Granillo on Twitter, because he writes great, unique stuff like this all the time.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)