May 12, 2011, 3:44 PM EST
As a former baseball card fanatic who became a stat-head, this illustrated history of how the statistics displayed on the back of cards have changed over the years is a must-read from Larry Granillo at Baseball Prospectus:
You should also follow Granillo on Twitter, because he writes great, unique stuff like this all the time.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (79)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)