May 12, 2011, 8:01 PM EDT
No surprise here.
The news comes via our good friend Jim Salisbury over at CSN Philadelphia.
The Phillies will wait to fill their now-vacant 25-man roster spot until Friday morning, when starting catcher Carlos Ruiz is scheduled to be activated from a 15-day disabled list stint of his own.
Dane Sardinha will handle backup catching duties for the next few weeks. Schneider, batting .173/.218/.327 with two home runs and four RBI in 55 plate appearances, should be ready to return by the end of May.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 9
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 14
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 48
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 131
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (131)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)