May 12, 2011, 8:01 PM EDT
No surprise here.
The news comes via our good friend Jim Salisbury over at CSN Philadelphia.
The Phillies will wait to fill their now-vacant 25-man roster spot until Friday morning, when starting catcher Carlos Ruiz is scheduled to be activated from a 15-day disabled list stint of his own.
Dane Sardinha will handle backup catching duties for the next few weeks. Schneider, batting .173/.218/.327 with two home runs and four RBI in 55 plate appearances, should be ready to return by the end of May.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 18
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 47
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 26
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 11
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 33
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)