May 12, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Yes, I know it’s a commercial and I know that I’m giving New Era free advertising here, but I kinda don’t care. These ads with Alec Baldwin and John Krasinski are just wonderfully entertaining, and since they barely even attempt to pitch a product, I don’t feel too dirty about it. We all have caps anyway. Seeing a TV star randomly wearing one isn’t exactly the pinnacle of propaganda.
Either way, I want to live in a world where celebrity baseball fans assault one another over baseball rivalries. It just sort of makes me feel good.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)