May 12, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Yes, I know it’s a commercial and I know that I’m giving New Era free advertising here, but I kinda don’t care. These ads with Alec Baldwin and John Krasinski are just wonderfully entertaining, and since they barely even attempt to pitch a product, I don’t feel too dirty about it. We all have caps anyway. Seeing a TV star randomly wearing one isn’t exactly the pinnacle of propaganda.
Either way, I want to live in a world where celebrity baseball fans assault one another over baseball rivalries. It just sort of makes me feel good.
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 3
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 30
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)