May 12, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Yes, I know it’s a commercial and I know that I’m giving New Era free advertising here, but I kinda don’t care. These ads with Alec Baldwin and John Krasinski are just wonderfully entertaining, and since they barely even attempt to pitch a product, I don’t feel too dirty about it. We all have caps anyway. Seeing a TV star randomly wearing one isn’t exactly the pinnacle of propaganda.
Either way, I want to live in a world where celebrity baseball fans assault one another over baseball rivalries. It just sort of makes me feel good.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)