The latest New Era ad is probably better than the last one

May 12, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT

Yes, I know it’s a commercial and I know that I’m giving New Era free advertising here, but I kinda don’t care. These ads with Alec Baldwin and John Krasinski are just wonderfully entertaining, and since they barely even attempt to pitch a product, I don’t feel too dirty about it. We all have caps anyway. Seeing a TV star randomly wearing one isn’t exactly the pinnacle of propaganda.

Either way, I want to live in a world where celebrity baseball fans assault one another over baseball rivalries. It just sort of makes me feel good.

1. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - May 12, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Awesome-o

2. yankeesfanlen - May 12, 2011 at 5:36 PM

I resent the implications of the characterizations depicted here, mainly because they’re probably true.

3. sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo - May 12, 2011 at 6:02 PM

You live in NYC, you wear a Boston hat, you’re askin’ for it!

**this post is sarcastic, and by reading the above you agree to indemnify and hold harmless sabathiawouldbegoodattheeighthtoo from and against any claims, actions, losses, damages, awards and judgments including attorney’s fees and expenses arising out of or relating to anything that you may feel inspired to do based on reading the above. Thank you

4. Utley's Hair - May 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM

At least Baldwin followed Phil Connors’ advice and didn’t drive angry.

• aceshigh11 - May 12, 2011 at 7:56 PM

Hmm, Baldwin DOES run a bit like a groundhog, too.

5. Chris St. John - May 12, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Too bad New Era doesn’t carry 6 3/4 size hats for small-headed people.

6. derekjetersmansion - May 12, 2011 at 9:40 PM

Did MLB take this video off too?

7. henryd3rd - May 13, 2011 at 10:15 AM

Bondy is way off base. Maybe had they stopped selling beer to drunks and installed proper lighting and added decent security in that parking lot that incident would never have happened. This was not the first violent incident of this kind at Dodger Stadium; but it was the worst.

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. J. Soler (3578)