May 12, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Yes, I know it’s a commercial and I know that I’m giving New Era free advertising here, but I kinda don’t care. These ads with Alec Baldwin and John Krasinski are just wonderfully entertaining, and since they barely even attempt to pitch a product, I don’t feel too dirty about it. We all have caps anyway. Seeing a TV star randomly wearing one isn’t exactly the pinnacle of propaganda.
Either way, I want to live in a world where celebrity baseball fans assault one another over baseball rivalries. It just sort of makes me feel good.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 32
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 40
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL