May 12, 2011, 4:10 PM EST
Tampa Bay beat the Indians 7-4 today behind James Shields‘ two run, seven strikeout performance. He’s now 4-1 on the season and allowed a total of five runs in his last four starts. On the offensive side, every Rays’ starter got a hit except for Kelly Shoppach. Evan Longoria‘s two-run double in the ninth put any hopes of an Indians’ comeback on ice.
While the talk coming into this series was about how hot the Indians have been at home, the Rays have been baseball’s road team. They have now won 10 of 11 on the road, and are 13-5 overall.
That disastrous start of theirs is way back in the rear view mirror now. The Rays are in first place, a half-game up on the Yankees.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)