May 12, 2011, 4:10 PM EDT
Tampa Bay beat the Indians 7-4 today behind James Shields‘ two run, seven strikeout performance. He’s now 4-1 on the season and allowed a total of five runs in his last four starts. On the offensive side, every Rays’ starter got a hit except for Kelly Shoppach. Evan Longoria‘s two-run double in the ninth put any hopes of an Indians’ comeback on ice.
While the talk coming into this series was about how hot the Indians have been at home, the Rays have been baseball’s road team. They have now won 10 of 11 on the road, and are 13-5 overall.
That disastrous start of theirs is way back in the rear view mirror now. The Rays are in first place, a half-game up on the Yankees.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 0
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 27
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 4
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 101
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)