May 12, 2011, 4:10 PM EDT
Tampa Bay beat the Indians 7-4 today behind James Shields‘ two run, seven strikeout performance. He’s now 4-1 on the season and allowed a total of five runs in his last four starts. On the offensive side, every Rays’ starter got a hit except for Kelly Shoppach. Evan Longoria‘s two-run double in the ninth put any hopes of an Indians’ comeback on ice.
While the talk coming into this series was about how hot the Indians have been at home, the Rays have been baseball’s road team. They have now won 10 of 11 on the road, and are 13-5 overall.
That disastrous start of theirs is way back in the rear view mirror now. The Rays are in first place, a half-game up on the Yankees.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8