May 13, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
I liked that new New Era cap ad featuring Alec Baldwin and John Krasinski yesterday. I think the ads in that series are pretty funny. Filip Bondy of the New York Daily News disagrees:
The real heat between the Yanks and Red Sox burns off the field, in television commercials. Some of the spots are funny and nuanced, like the Avis ad about the Yankee fans snubbing a Red Sox fan in the office. Unfortunately, the New Era commercials featuring Alec Baldwin and John Krasinski are way over the top.
Baldwin plays a Yankee fan. In one spot, he vaguely threatens to kill Krasinski, a Red Sox rooter. In another, Baldwin travels to Boston to punch Krasinski unapologetically in the face. Given the recent fan violence in Los Angeles, this stuff is far too provocative.
Call me crazy, but I bet that when they catch and interrogate the guys who attacked Bryan Stow, they’ll find that there are a lot more things wrong with them than exposure to some funny TV violence.
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 12
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (105)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)