May 13, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
I liked that new New Era cap ad featuring Alec Baldwin and John Krasinski yesterday. I think the ads in that series are pretty funny. Filip Bondy of the New York Daily News disagrees:
The real heat between the Yanks and Red Sox burns off the field, in television commercials. Some of the spots are funny and nuanced, like the Avis ad about the Yankee fans snubbing a Red Sox fan in the office. Unfortunately, the New Era commercials featuring Alec Baldwin and John Krasinski are way over the top.
Baldwin plays a Yankee fan. In one spot, he vaguely threatens to kill Krasinski, a Red Sox rooter. In another, Baldwin travels to Boston to punch Krasinski unapologetically in the face. Given the recent fan violence in Los Angeles, this stuff is far too provocative.
Call me crazy, but I bet that when they catch and interrogate the guys who attacked Bryan Stow, they’ll find that there are a lot more things wrong with them than exposure to some funny TV violence.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)