May 13, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
I liked that new New Era cap ad featuring Alec Baldwin and John Krasinski yesterday. I think the ads in that series are pretty funny. Filip Bondy of the New York Daily News disagrees:
The real heat between the Yanks and Red Sox burns off the field, in television commercials. Some of the spots are funny and nuanced, like the Avis ad about the Yankee fans snubbing a Red Sox fan in the office. Unfortunately, the New Era commercials featuring Alec Baldwin and John Krasinski are way over the top.
Baldwin plays a Yankee fan. In one spot, he vaguely threatens to kill Krasinski, a Red Sox rooter. In another, Baldwin travels to Boston to punch Krasinski unapologetically in the face. Given the recent fan violence in Los Angeles, this stuff is far too provocative.
Call me crazy, but I bet that when they catch and interrogate the guys who attacked Bryan Stow, they’ll find that there are a lot more things wrong with them than exposure to some funny TV violence.
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a deal with Hanley Ramirez 16
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 18
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)