May 13, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Diagnosed with a sprained ulnar collateral elbow ligament earlier this week, Aardsma will be shut down for a month in an attempt to avoid undergoing Tommy John surgery.
Not immediately requiring surgery qualifies as good news, but as Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times writes “it’s going to be a long time before he’s ready to pitch again” and any setbacks would mean going under the knife still lingers as a down-the-road possibility.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (156)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)