May 13, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Diagnosed with a sprained ulnar collateral elbow ligament earlier this week, Aardsma will be shut down for a month in an attempt to avoid undergoing Tommy John surgery.
Not immediately requiring surgery qualifies as good news, but as Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times writes “it’s going to be a long time before he’s ready to pitch again” and any setbacks would mean going under the knife still lingers as a down-the-road possibility.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 9
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 5
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3