May 13, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
Diagnosed with a sprained ulnar collateral elbow ligament earlier this week, Aardsma will be shut down for a month in an attempt to avoid undergoing Tommy John surgery.
Not immediately requiring surgery qualifies as good news, but as Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times writes “it’s going to be a long time before he’s ready to pitch again” and any setbacks would mean going under the knife still lingers as a down-the-road possibility.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)