May 13, 2011, 1:10 AM EDT
Everyone knows that Evan Longoria is a great player.
The Tampa Bay Rays star third baseman not only has a dangerous bat, but is slick with the glove at third base, as his career UZR/150 of 17.8 attests.
But did you know that he doesn’t really even need the glove? At least it seems that way in this video passed along by Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times, in which Longoria saves a TV reporter from certain death via a wicked line drive to the head.
Is it real? Well it’s probably about as real as this LeBron James video, meaning not at all. Given a chance to come clean by Topkin, Longoria “simply smiled – as a good actor would.” Real or not, it’s pretty well done.
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 11
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 10
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 80
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)