May 13, 2011, 1:10 AM EDT
Everyone knows that Evan Longoria is a great player.
The Tampa Bay Rays star third baseman not only has a dangerous bat, but is slick with the glove at third base, as his career UZR/150 of 17.8 attests.
But did you know that he doesn’t really even need the glove? At least it seems that way in this video passed along by Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times, in which Longoria saves a TV reporter from certain death via a wicked line drive to the head.
Is it real? Well it’s probably about as real as this LeBron James video, meaning not at all. Given a chance to come clean by Topkin, Longoria “simply smiled – as a good actor would.” Real or not, it’s pretty well done.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot