May 13, 2011, 1:10 AM EST
Everyone knows that Evan Longoria is a great player.
The Tampa Bay Rays star third baseman not only has a dangerous bat, but is slick with the glove at third base, as his career UZR/150 of 17.8 attests.
But did you know that he doesn’t really even need the glove? At least it seems that way in this video passed along by Marc Topkin of the St. Petersburg Times, in which Longoria saves a TV reporter from certain death via a wicked line drive to the head.
Is it real? Well it’s probably about as real as this LeBron James video, meaning not at all. Given a chance to come clean by Topkin, Longoria “simply smiled – as a good actor would.” Real or not, it’s pretty well done.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 0
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 21
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)