May 13, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
For the most part I’ve been on the straight and narrow, diet wise, since I got that treadmill last month. As a result, my breakfast has usually been raisin bran or granola or something. But I gotta admit, since I’ve been doing the breakfast wrap, I’ve been craving ham, eggs and cheese on a pretty regular basis. Just something I gotta deal with, I suppose.
- When a prospect is blocked by bad veterans, fans often mount a “Free [Prospect]!” campaign. When he’s rightfully languishing on the bench behind veterans who are performing just fine, we should do the opposite. To that end: Imprison Tyler Colvin!
- Jason Heyward should probably be fine after a few days’ rest. That is, until his next, downplayed, performance-sapping injury finally comes to light two weeks after the fact.
- Wally Joyner hit his 11th and 12th homers. In 1986.
- Raffy rehabs.
- Here’s hoping that his rehab goes better than Roy Oswalt’s so far.
- Brian Schneider goes to the DL.
- Eric Chavez isn’t broken after all.
- Know what gave this video away as a fake for me? That is, before realizing that the feat itself is clearly fake? No decent reporter does a standup interview along the lines during BP.
- Scott Boras is no dummy.
- Bryce Harper has been using a performance enhancing device. Where’s the outrage?
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 85
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 55
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 149
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 11
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (149)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)