May 13, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
Hamilton said he “let it go pretty good” during the sesson in Arlington. He’s expected to take batting practice again tomorrow.
The plan is for Hamilton to have another set of X-rays next week. If the scan shows the bone is healed, he’ll likely be cleared to begin a rehab assignment.
Ideally, Hamilton could begin playing in minor league games as soon as next Friday and then rejoin the Rangers for their May 23-29 homestand.
Currently just one game over .500 at 19-18 after their hot start, the Rangers will certainly welcome him back.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)