May 13, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
Hamilton said he “let it go pretty good” during the sesson in Arlington. He’s expected to take batting practice again tomorrow.
The plan is for Hamilton to have another set of X-rays next week. If the scan shows the bone is healed, he’ll likely be cleared to begin a rehab assignment.
Ideally, Hamilton could begin playing in minor league games as soon as next Friday and then rejoin the Rangers for their May 23-29 homestand.
Currently just one game over .500 at 19-18 after their hot start, the Rangers will certainly welcome him back.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 21
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 6
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 86
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)