May 13, 2011, 12:34 PM EST
Ed Wade, call your real estate agent.
That’s the message Richard Justice delivers in his post today about how the Astros organization is likely to change once Jim Crane and his just announced right-hand man George Postolos take over following the imminent sale by Drayton McLane. The idea: Postolos — who happens to be the former President and CEO of the Houston Rockets — has a track record of favoring bright young minds and data-driven analysis, the sort of which does not currently reign in the Astros’ front office. The upshot: on both the business and the baseball side, major changes are likely to happen in Houston.
Justice believes that Brad Mills and the on-field staff is safe, however, which makes total sense. Last year they squeezed a lot out of a little. This year they aren’t, but it’s not their fault.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 16
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)