May 13, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
UPDATE: I’m alerted to the fact that, no, this guy is not an Orioles’ fan. It’s professional ball snagger Zack Hemple. Which is still kind of pathetic, but for different reasons than I assumed earlier. OK, pathetic is kind of a strong word, as he does do some charity stuff as a part of his obsession. But really, I don’t know what possesses someone to do this.
2:23 PM: I’ve never caught a foul ball at a baseball game. Last night a guy at Camden Yards caught three. Video proof.
Look, good for him, but that’s no child. I’m not sure how old he is, but he’s past the age where he should be bringing his glove to the park, isn’t he? Have some dignity, man.
In other news, Flip Flop Flying’s Craig Robinson caught a foul ball down in Mexico recently. His words on the experience match my general thoughts on the matter. Great to get one if you can, but really, don’t try too hard.
But then again, Craigs are a sensible lot. Even if, sometimes, they’re a total wreck.
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 26
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 89
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 63
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 76
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)