May 13, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
UPDATE: I’m alerted to the fact that, no, this guy is not an Orioles’ fan. It’s professional ball snagger Zack Hemple. Which is still kind of pathetic, but for different reasons than I assumed earlier. OK, pathetic is kind of a strong word, as he does do some charity stuff as a part of his obsession. But really, I don’t know what possesses someone to do this.
2:23 PM: I’ve never caught a foul ball at a baseball game. Last night a guy at Camden Yards caught three. Video proof.
Look, good for him, but that’s no child. I’m not sure how old he is, but he’s past the age where he should be bringing his glove to the park, isn’t he? Have some dignity, man.
In other news, Flip Flop Flying’s Craig Robinson caught a foul ball down in Mexico recently. His words on the experience match my general thoughts on the matter. Great to get one if you can, but really, don’t try too hard.
But then again, Craigs are a sensible lot. Even if, sometimes, they’re a total wreck.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)