May 13, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
UPDATE: I’m alerted to the fact that, no, this guy is not an Orioles’ fan. It’s professional ball snagger Zack Hemple. Which is still kind of pathetic, but for different reasons than I assumed earlier. OK, pathetic is kind of a strong word, as he does do some charity stuff as a part of his obsession. But really, I don’t know what possesses someone to do this.
2:23 PM: I’ve never caught a foul ball at a baseball game. Last night a guy at Camden Yards caught three. Video proof.
Look, good for him, but that’s no child. I’m not sure how old he is, but he’s past the age where he should be bringing his glove to the park, isn’t he? Have some dignity, man.
In other news, Flip Flop Flying’s Craig Robinson caught a foul ball down in Mexico recently. His words on the experience match my general thoughts on the matter. Great to get one if you can, but really, don’t try too hard.
But then again, Craigs are a sensible lot. Even if, sometimes, they’re a total wreck.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)