May 13, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
UPDATE: I’m alerted to the fact that, no, this guy is not an Orioles’ fan. It’s professional ball snagger Zack Hemple. Which is still kind of pathetic, but for different reasons than I assumed earlier. OK, pathetic is kind of a strong word, as he does do some charity stuff as a part of his obsession. But really, I don’t know what possesses someone to do this.
2:23 PM: I’ve never caught a foul ball at a baseball game. Last night a guy at Camden Yards caught three. Video proof.
Look, good for him, but that’s no child. I’m not sure how old he is, but he’s past the age where he should be bringing his glove to the park, isn’t he? Have some dignity, man.
In other news, Flip Flop Flying’s Craig Robinson caught a foul ball down in Mexico recently. His words on the experience match my general thoughts on the matter. Great to get one if you can, but really, don’t try too hard.
But then again, Craigs are a sensible lot. Even if, sometimes, they’re a total wreck.
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 4
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 10
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 3
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 1
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)