May 13, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
UPDATE: I’m alerted to the fact that, no, this guy is not an Orioles’ fan. It’s professional ball snagger Zack Hemple. Which is still kind of pathetic, but for different reasons than I assumed earlier. OK, pathetic is kind of a strong word, as he does do some charity stuff as a part of his obsession. But really, I don’t know what possesses someone to do this.
2:23 PM: I’ve never caught a foul ball at a baseball game. Last night a guy at Camden Yards caught three. Video proof.
Look, good for him, but that’s no child. I’m not sure how old he is, but he’s past the age where he should be bringing his glove to the park, isn’t he? Have some dignity, man.
In other news, Flip Flop Flying’s Craig Robinson caught a foul ball down in Mexico recently. His words on the experience match my general thoughts on the matter. Great to get one if you can, but really, don’t try too hard.
But then again, Craigs are a sensible lot. Even if, sometimes, they’re a total wreck.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)