May 13, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Out since April 20 with a shoulder injury, Scott Rolen has been activated from the disabled list and will be in the Reds’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Cardinals after skipping a minor-league rehab assignment.
Rolen was off to a slow start before landing on the DL, hitting just .217 with two homers and a .663 OPS in 17 games, but his replacements at third base have been even worse as Miguel Cairo, Paul Janish, and Chris Valaika split time in his absence.
Cincinnati ranks second among NL teams in scoring, but the Reds’ third basemen rank 14th in the league with a combined .630 OPS.
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 46
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 60
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 104
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 75
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)