May 13, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Out since April 20 with a shoulder injury, Scott Rolen has been activated from the disabled list and will be in the Reds’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Cardinals after skipping a minor-league rehab assignment.
Rolen was off to a slow start before landing on the DL, hitting just .217 with two homers and a .663 OPS in 17 games, but his replacements at third base have been even worse as Miguel Cairo, Paul Janish, and Chris Valaika split time in his absence.
Cincinnati ranks second among NL teams in scoring, but the Reds’ third basemen rank 14th in the league with a combined .630 OPS.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 9
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 61
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 55
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 68
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)