May 13, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Out since April 20 with a shoulder injury, Scott Rolen has been activated from the disabled list and will be in the Reds’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Cardinals after skipping a minor-league rehab assignment.
Rolen was off to a slow start before landing on the DL, hitting just .217 with two homers and a .663 OPS in 17 games, but his replacements at third base have been even worse as Miguel Cairo, Paul Janish, and Chris Valaika split time in his absence.
Cincinnati ranks second among NL teams in scoring, but the Reds’ third basemen rank 14th in the league with a combined .630 OPS.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)