May 13, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Out since April 20 with a shoulder injury, Scott Rolen has been activated from the disabled list and will be in the Reds’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Cardinals after skipping a minor-league rehab assignment.
Rolen was off to a slow start before landing on the DL, hitting just .217 with two homers and a .663 OPS in 17 games, but his replacements at third base have been even worse as Miguel Cairo, Paul Janish, and Chris Valaika split time in his absence.
Cincinnati ranks second among NL teams in scoring, but the Reds’ third basemen rank 14th in the league with a combined .630 OPS.
- Miguel Cabrera ties Hank Greenberg with 331st career homer 4
- Bud Selig’s view on replay has “evolved” 13
- Umpires use replay on controversial Matt Joyce home run 9
- Rangers put Ian Kinsler on the 15-day disabled list and call up top prospect Jurickson Profar 5
- Carlos Ruiz leaves game with strained right hamstring 2
- PBT: Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot
- Ferguson's managerial career ends with 5-5 draw
- Moore stays unbeaten as Rays top Orioles