May 14, 2011, 12:04 PM EDT
Ben Francisco has begun to lose his grip on the starting right field job by batting just .107 (3-for-28) with a 7/7 K/BB ratio this month, but at least now he has a little more time to right the ship.
According to David Hale of the Wilmington News Journal, Domonic Brown was diagnosed with a first degree sprain of the ulnar collateral ligament in his right thumb and will be sidelined for 5-7 days. Brown suffered the injury while playing with Triple-A Lehigh Valley on Wednesday, so he could presumably return to action sometime next week.
Brown has bounced back nicely from hamate bone surgery by batting .353/.425/.588 with two homers, two doubles and seven RBI over his first 40 plate appearances with Triple-A Lehigh Valley. The most important thing is that the 23-year-old gets regular at-bats right now, but he should eventually get a chance at the job he was expected to win at the start of spring training.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)