May 14, 2011, 8:14 PM EST
“They say it could be conjunctivitis,” Beltran said. “They gave me some antibiotics today. It’s better, but I still feel a little blurry. They got me some eye drops and they want me to take those tonight, and hopefully tomorrow I’ll feel better. … I feel better than how I came here early, but I still need to get better in order for me to play.”
Conjunctivitis is more commonly known as pink eye and can have a variety of effects. For Beltran, it’s causing blurred vision and discomfort in the form of eye socket pressure. He’s hoping to return to the Mets’ starting lineup on Sunday afternoon, but it’s quite possible that he simply won’t feel well enough.
Beltran is batting .324/.435/.865 so far this month. He slugged three two-run homers on Thursday night.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)