May 15, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Posada probably would have been on the bench regardless. He’s been sitting against a lot of left-handers, and he’s just 4-for-21 with no extra-base hits lifetime against Red Sox starter Jon Lester.
Posada talked to the press this afternoon and admitted he handled things wrong Saturday.
YES Network’s Jack Curry tweets:
Posada was very contrite. He definitely realizes he made a mistake. “I let some people down,” he said
Indications are that Posada will be available off the bench tonight after complaining of a stiff back last night. However, it’s unlikely that he’ll rejoin the starting lineup prior to Tuesday. The Rays throw David Price versus the Yankees on Monday, and Posada is 1-for-18 with 10 strikeouts against him.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)