May 15, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Posada probably would have been on the bench regardless. He’s been sitting against a lot of left-handers, and he’s just 4-for-21 with no extra-base hits lifetime against Red Sox starter Jon Lester.
Posada talked to the press this afternoon and admitted he handled things wrong Saturday.
YES Network’s Jack Curry tweets:
Posada was very contrite. He definitely realizes he made a mistake. “I let some people down,” he said
Indications are that Posada will be available off the bench tonight after complaining of a stiff back last night. However, it’s unlikely that he’ll rejoin the starting lineup prior to Tuesday. The Rays throw David Price versus the Yankees on Monday, and Posada is 1-for-18 with 10 strikeouts against him.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)