May 15, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Posada probably would have been on the bench regardless. He’s been sitting against a lot of left-handers, and he’s just 4-for-21 with no extra-base hits lifetime against Red Sox starter Jon Lester.
Posada talked to the press this afternoon and admitted he handled things wrong Saturday.
YES Network’s Jack Curry tweets:
Posada was very contrite. He definitely realizes he made a mistake. “I let some people down,” he said
Indications are that Posada will be available off the bench tonight after complaining of a stiff back last night. However, it’s unlikely that he’ll rejoin the starting lineup prior to Tuesday. The Rays throw David Price versus the Yankees on Monday, and Posada is 1-for-18 with 10 strikeouts against him.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 54
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 34
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 213
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (213)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)