May 15, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Posada probably would have been on the bench regardless. He’s been sitting against a lot of left-handers, and he’s just 4-for-21 with no extra-base hits lifetime against Red Sox starter Jon Lester.
Posada talked to the press this afternoon and admitted he handled things wrong Saturday.
YES Network’s Jack Curry tweets:
Posada was very contrite. He definitely realizes he made a mistake. “I let some people down,” he said
Indications are that Posada will be available off the bench tonight after complaining of a stiff back last night. However, it’s unlikely that he’ll rejoin the starting lineup prior to Tuesday. The Rays throw David Price versus the Yankees on Monday, and Posada is 1-for-18 with 10 strikeouts against him.
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 2
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 57
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 24
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 54
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 42
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 161
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (161)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)