May 15, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Posada probably would have been on the bench regardless. He’s been sitting against a lot of left-handers, and he’s just 4-for-21 with no extra-base hits lifetime against Red Sox starter Jon Lester.
Posada talked to the press this afternoon and admitted he handled things wrong Saturday.
YES Network’s Jack Curry tweets:
Posada was very contrite. He definitely realizes he made a mistake. “I let some people down,” he said
Indications are that Posada will be available off the bench tonight after complaining of a stiff back last night. However, it’s unlikely that he’ll rejoin the starting lineup prior to Tuesday. The Rays throw David Price versus the Yankees on Monday, and Posada is 1-for-18 with 10 strikeouts against him.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)