May 15, 2011, 12:29 PM EDT
Mets right fielder Carlos Beltran isn’t going to let a minor case of pink eye derail his impressive start.
According to Steve Popper of the Bergen Record, the 34-year-old is back in the Mets’ lineup for Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Astros.
Beltran sat out of Saturday’s game because of an infection in his right eye that was causing blurred vision and eye socket pressure. He was given medication, which has apparently done the trick.
Beltran has posted a .324/.435/.865 batting line this month and boasts eight home runs and 24 RBI in 146 plate appearances this year. He registered his first career three-homer game on Wednesday evening in a win over the Rockies.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)